Join now - be part of our community!

How to use the microphone of the WH-1000XM4 on Windows 10

profile.country.GB.title
synthecypher
New

How to use the microphone of the WH-1000XM4 on Windows 10

When I connect my WH-1000XM4 on Windows 10 via bluetooth I get the following (see screenshots).

There is no option in the "Sound" window to select the microphone as a audio input device.

I'm using firmware 2.0.7 so the LE-WH-1000XM4 device no longer appears in the bluetooth pairing menu in Windows 10.

synthecypher_0-1612384705785.png

synthecypher_1-1612384723785.png

synthecypher_2-1612384736201.png

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

It looks like you've chosen the wrong BT profile.

If you would like to use the microphone you have to select the headset profile and not the audio profile.

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
synthecypher
New

How do you change bluetooth profile?

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi, the steps are on the Help Guide: https://helpguide.sony.net/mdr/wh1000xm4/v1/en/contents/TP0002752736.html your post is missing some steps, if that didn't work there's a note at the end saying to refer to the PC's manual.

profile.country.GB.title
synthecypher
New

This guide does not explain how to switch the bluetooth profile.

This is the guide I followed to connect my headphones to the computer.

As you'll see the issue is that I only see one output audio device (not the two in the screenshot) and no input audio devices.

d0360_EN

profile.country.GB.title
StevieBau15
New

Did you manage to resolve this issue?  I have the same problem.  It only happens on my work Windows 10 laptop my personal laptop does have XM4 as an input device.  

The Headset connection for the XM4s is visible in the sounds settings but not connected:

StevieBau15_0-1613556430564.png

profile.country.GB.title
synthecypher
New

No StevieBau15, I'm still waiting for a Sony representative to help me.

profile.country.LU.title
jsadams164
New

I had the same issue and it was driving me nuts.  I found this feed after a search which didn't help but eventually I found the right setting to get it to work.  Try going into the "Control Panel" and select "Devices and Printers".  Right click on the WH-1000XM4 and select "Properties".  In the "Services" tab, check the box next to "Handsfree Telephony".  After I got that selected, my microphone worked fine.  One odd thing, though, is that I tried to disable it and re-enable it but it gave me an error when re-enabling.  I had to reboot before enabling again.

HandsfreeTelephony.jpg

Hi it is an old thread but i will try my luck here

My wh-1000xm4 microphone does not work in windows. I set (wh-1000xm4 stereo) as sound output and ( wh-1000xm4 hands-free ag audio as the mic as it is what they are recognized as respectfully (Playback and input device). The audio works fine when i use the headset normally, but when ever i launch a program where the microphone is used such as discord/teamspeak the headset plays back the what the microphone picks up (and only that) so the headset becomes a hearing aid. 

I have made sure to set the respective devices as standard in windows and in the programs i use.

The (listen to this device) tab is blank in windows audio settings

I have tried to disable the Handsfree Telephony tab, but that unlike fixing the problem seems to make the mic not detectible by windows. It removes it entirely.

Any ideas how to fix this? 

Thx for any help :slight_smile: