Join now - be part of our community!

Install Sony headphones app on Huawei

profile.country.HU.title
battisony
Explorer

Install Sony headphones app on Huawei

Dear Community! I want to use the "Sony Headphones Connect" app on my Huawei phone to control my new Sony Bluetooth headphones. This app is not available in Huawei AppGallery. How to download apk to install on Huawei phone? I tried to find it on Sony's website here, but I only found the Google Play Store link. Google App Store refuses to install. I found it on some websites, apkpure, apkmirror, but I don't know how reliable they are. Can you help me with the installation?

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @battisony  and welcome to the UK Community :slight_smile:

I have a Huawei tablet and have just installed it fine through the Google Play app

that is on the tablet.

What happens when you try to install it through that on yours?

(do you get a pending message, or a not enough space message or anything?)

profile.country.HU.title
battisony
Explorer

Hello! I am not an expert, I'm sorry :slight_smile: I don't have a Google Play Store on my Huawei phone. I use the default app: Browser, and opened the play store's website there. I found Sony Headphones Connect, and I tapped on Install. I got an error: "You haven't accessed the GooPlayStore app on your device with this email account. This error can appear when you're trying to install an android app on - your computer, - an android mobile device that isn't linked to your google account, - a non-compatible device". I have a Huawei P40 lite. Is it possible to install GooAppStore on it? Or this Sony app? Thank You for Your answer.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi again :slight_smile:

Your phone's operating system is EMUI 10.1 which is based on Android 10, and my tablet 

is EMUI 8 and works with the headphones app so your phone should be compatible.

I'm surprised you don't have the Play Store already installed on your phone as it came preinstalled on my tablet.

You do need a google account to be able to install apps from Google Play Store.

You could create one and then sign in via your browser on the play store page which should let you download the app.

profile.country.HU.title
battisony
Explorer

Yes, it has emui 10.1 :slight_smile: but has no play store on it. This phone was launched during google-banning, so i cannot use any google-thing on it. When i opened play store in Browser and tried to install "Sony HP Connect" under my android account (I logged in to my account used earlier with my samsung phone), it said there is no compatible device to install it on. In my account there is only one android device on my list, and cannot add this huawei to my device list.

I tried to install chrome browser from AppGallery, but it said "Chrome wont run without Google Play Services, which are not supported by your device". I have no idea what to do. I got stuck. Sorry. Thanks for Your help. If You have time to help me and have any idea, I would be glad :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi again :slight_smile:

Ahhhhh, many apologies, I'd forgotten about the ban 😢

There are ways to still install Google play on your Huawei but 

you would have to do this at your own risk as I can't guarantee the safety

of software or apks you'd have to download to do it.

If you search YouTube for 'How to Get Google Play store on the Huawei P40' there are a few videos there.

Again, you'd have to do this at your own risk.

Good luck 🙂