Join now - be part of our community!

Link Bud S proof of purchase !!

profile.country.IN.title
Jackxperia5
Explorer

Link Bud S proof of purchase !!

Hello Sony !! 

Last year when the Xperia 5 IV was released I was very eager to buy. Eager ? Why ? Let me tell you !! I am a Sony fan  from 2011 where I used Xperia p and then in 2016 I used Xperia xa ultra until 2020. From 2011 till 2020 I was in India and later sony was closed in India. Then I moved to UK and bought Xperia 5 IV from the UK last year October 2022. Sony fan boy !! May be !! .. I got Link Bud S as a free gift for my device. Now For the past few weeks my bud is not working properly (draining fast on the right bud and it's not charging to full). I contacted Sony and then they were happy to help me. But then the problem started. I bought this mobile through fonehouse.co.uk which sony calls third party and this fonehouse gave me a proof of purchase which was declined by Sony !! Very funny !! Because fonehouse is not going to sell Sony products without their consent, so how can Sony think that the proof of purchase I gave them was not enough ?? I have Vodafone contract from fonehouse.co.uk, so a Sony service guy told me to get the proof of purchase from Vodafone and for the past three days I have been trying Vodafone to issue a proof of purchase for me. But after three days they are aware that I bought the device from fonehouse and it's only the contract from Vodafone!! Very well done !! 

Now I still have 10 days of warranty to expire but Sony, fonehouse nobody bothers to get my device fixed for free even though it's under warranty !! 

Sony are you listening??? Pls next time when you sell your product through the so called third party , pls allow the customers to claim their warranty with them as well ... I have registered my product in Sony website as well .. but still sony thinks that it doesn't come under warranty!!! 

Thanks and regards 

Jacob 

edited[personal details removed]

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @Jackxperia5 :slight_smile:

I would be pursuing fonehouse about this as they were the ones that supplied the 

Linkbuds to you.

Did fonehouse not offer you a replacement and just direct you straight to Sony?

profile.country.IN.title
Jackxperia5
Explorer

@jumpsuit 

Thanks for the reply !! 

I am going to do this soon , trying to contact fonehouse for replacement!! 

And this Sony site has issues. I have ordered new headset from Sony online store through my online sony account but now when I click "my orders" it logs me off !! I am going to talk with a Sony customer person soon .. 

I have registered my new product now and when I check through the warranty checker it says "not registered" !! Come on Sony !! Cheers !!!!

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey Jackxperia5, 

First of all, I'm sorry for the experience that you're going through. 

But as you said, Sony is willing to help, but they need a VAT receipt. Maybe they didn't specify what is the VAT receipt, so here you go, it has to have the below: 

-The retailer's name. 

-The date of purchase. 

-Of course the model number. 

-And a VAT registration number. 

Those are the most important things, without them, it doesn't qualify as a proof of purchase. 

So for this part, you need to stress on the retailer to give it to you as it is your right. 

For the other part, contact the sales team of Sony. 

-Email: storesupport.en@sony.com
-Phone number: +44 (0) 207 365 0054.
-Chat service on our website: https://bit.ly/3prZDQQ