Join now - be part of our community!

MDR-100ABN power off problem

profile.country.GB.title
MarkG1234

MDR-100ABN power off problem

Really really like these, the sound and noise cancelling are amazing.  A problem I have however is that when no Bluetooth device is connected, and I just want noise cancellation (no music or calls), the headphone keeps powering down after about 10 minutes.

How can I disable this annoying feature? 

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

A workaround I've found works, although not ideal, is if you plug in the 3.5mm cable then turn on the headphones they should stay on. 

Hope this helps!

Nicky

profile.country.GB.title
MarkG1234

Thanks, it didn't really help, its a poor substitute for a bad design.

There needs to be a way to turn off the power down, sometimes you just want noise cancellation without music or even a cable connection.  It doesn't help the jack socket is also somewhat proprietary due to how its been angled and recessed.  If I meet either of the people that made the bonkers design mistakes that detract from an otherwise superb product, I will definitely have a word with them....

Hi, 

I have the same issue and really annoying to be honest.  I don't want to have to run down the power on my phone or even have my phone with me all of the time when I want to stick these on without music.  Has anyone asked Sony about this?  There may not be an answer, but probably worth seeing what they say.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
MarkG1234

I wouldn't waste your time. Sony don't really care what they users think.
This is how the product works, it's performing as designed, end of story,
that's their line
rmarone
New

Sony just told me the same thing in an online chat with Support.  I think it's absurd.