Join now - be part of our community!

MEX-BT3900U and iPhone speed dials

profile.country.ro_RO.title
skittulici
Visitor

MEX-BT3900U and iPhone speed dials

Hello,

Does anyone know how to asign a contact from the iPhone to one of the 6 numbered buttons of the car stereo? In the manual it says that while on the "BT PHONE" meniu I need to keep pressed the button until "P WAITING" appears and then send the contact from my iPhone. I managed to do all of it except sending the contact from the phone. I do not how to do that.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
geoffinbolton
Visitor

You need to send the contact using bluetooth as you would if you were sending an address book entry/contact to another phone using bluetooth.

I have an android phone so this will problably be different. I was stumped by the poor manual too, but I worked it out, when the head unit says "P WAITING" I chose the entry I wanted out of my phone book, chose "share" then "bluetooth" and the phone displayed all the bluetooth devices I could sent it to, the head unit was listed and I sent it to that.

Once you do that the waiting indicator goes away and you can speed dial (preset dialing) from that button.

BTW, does your head unit show the name of the caller, mine only shows the name of the caller if it is one of the 6 preset dialing numbers, for all other numbers it just shows the number (despite bieng able to browse the phone book from the hear unit).

Hope this helps.

Geoff. 

profile.country.ro_RO.title
skittulici
Visitor

Hmm.. I was afraid of that.. I can only send a contact from my iPhone as email or MMS. I do not have the option to send it via bluetooth. I will try to find an application for that.

Yes, my unit displays the name of the contact that is calling me but it seems that I cannot assing a contact to a fast dial.. Pros and cons :slight_smile:

As I noticed it does not display anythis except "CALLING" while I redial the last called number. I managed to call somebody else a few times by mistake.