Join now - be part of our community!

MEX-N4100BT radio problem

profile.country.GB.title
adecvatu
New

MEX-N4100BT radio problem

Hello,

I have a problem with my MEX-N4100BT. I bought it from USA and using it in Romania. Everything was ok for about a week. Suddently it changed itself to USA radio band i cannot receive many radios from Romania. When scan it does something like this : 89.1 ; 89.3 ; 89.5 ; 89.7 ;89.9 ; 91.1 ; etc. I tried every suggestion from Sony but none worked.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I wouldnt advise anyone to purchase a car stereo from the USA to use in the EU (or Romania).  There can be many unintended consequences as you have found out in regards to the different frequencies.  The ones you listed below seem to be FM frequencies (maybe?). 

Have you tried simply pressing the [MODE] button and cycling through the different bands (i.e. FM1, FM2, FM3, MW, LW) ?

All else fails, reset the MEX-N4100BT by disconnecting the car battery for a minute.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
adecvatu
New

Hi, Thank you for your reply. I forgot to mention that the player worked for about a week and then this situation started. Anyway i did everything i could do, even reseting the unit. It's stuck on US radio band.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have passed this onto Sony Support as there I cannot see a way these forums can help you as a reset didnt work.  However I am unsure what Sony will say as the unit was purchased in the USA.  Anyway, ensure that you have correct contact details in your profile and they should be in contact with you.

Cheers