Join now - be part of our community!

MEX N6001bd car stereo completely dead. Help !!

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
MexMan
Explorer

MEX N6001bd car stereo completely dead. Help !!

Hi everyone.

I have only had my Mex N6001bd car stereo 2 weeks, and now it's completely dead.  I thought the fuse had blown, but checked and it's ok.  All the wires to the stereo are correct and been tested.  To be more specific, when I turn on the ignition the stereo unit cd no longer sets itself.  There is no longer any sound to the cd unit whatsoever.  Is there anything I can do to reset the unit to get it working again, or could it be faulty or something else.

Any info/help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

To reset the stereo - you need to briefly disconnect the car battery.  Its the car battery that holds everything in the units memory.  Id give that a go first to be honest.

Cheers

View solution in original post

profile.country.GB.title
MexMan
Explorer

Hello Quinnicus.

Thanks for reply.  Yes I disconnected the battery ect. It's the unit itself.  It just won't power up. It has a cd player in the unit and when you put the key in the ignition you could always hear the cd unit powering up with a clicking sound.  But now there is no sound or clicking noise.  Completely dead mate.

I have reposted this  to see if anyone else knows what could be the problem and with regards to warranty.

Cheers.

Westy50
New

I have just had the same problem. I took out  the ‘Audio’ fuse and then put it back in. A lot easier than disconnecting the battery. It would be easier if there was just a reset button on it somewhere!!! I frequently have to retune the DAB stations as they seem to get lost.

profile.country.GB.title
Nitch02
New

Hi

I have an MEX N6001bd and it worked for maybe 3-4 years, so out of warranty.

Dead. Not a fuse either. So I took it back to Halfords confirming there is no warranty, can they take it out and confirm if it dead or not, they took it out and hooked it up to their other radios on display - it worked!

He re-installed it into my car and it all worked.

So either there was a loose wire which reconnected again or it kind of reset itself.

It's worth checking if it really is dead first of all. Halfords didn't charge me anything.

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

To reset the stereo - you need to briefly disconnect the car battery.  Its the car battery that holds everything in the units memory.  Id give that a go first to be honest.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
MexMan
Explorer

Hello Quinnicus.

Thanks for reply.  Yes I disconnected the battery ect. It's the unit itself.  It just won't power up. It has a cd player in the unit and when you put the key in the ignition you could always hear the cd unit powering up with a clicking sound.  But now there is no sound or clicking noise.  Completely dead mate.

I have reposted this  to see if anyone else knows what could be the problem and with regards to warranty.

Cheers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have moved both posts to "Portable Audio" as this is the best place for Car Audio systems (according to forum manager).  It would get more 'hits' in this area than general chat (I assume).

In regards to warranty, you need to contact the retailer you purchased it from.  Also you have certain rights under the "Consumer Rights Act 2015" - see this thread for links:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/general-chat/consumer-rights-act-2015/m-p/2055673

Cheers

Westy50
New

I have just had the same problem. I took out  the ‘Audio’ fuse and then put it back in. A lot easier than disconnecting the battery. It would be easier if there was just a reset button on it somewhere!!! I frequently have to retune the DAB stations as they seem to get lost.

profile.country.GB.title
Nitch02
New

Hi

I have an MEX N6001bd and it worked for maybe 3-4 years, so out of warranty.

Dead. Not a fuse either. So I took it back to Halfords confirming there is no warranty, can they take it out and confirm if it dead or not, they took it out and hooked it up to their other radios on display - it worked!

He re-installed it into my car and it all worked.

So either there was a loose wire which reconnected again or it kind of reset itself.

It's worth checking if it really is dead first of all. Halfords didn't charge me anything.

Tags (1)