Join now - be part of our community!

My NWZ-B152F walkman does not work

SOLVED
profile.country.el_GR.title
sim1986
Visitor

My NWZ-B152F walkman does not work

Hello everybody! My NWZ-B152F walkman was working properly till today. I was listenig to music and I pressed the pause/stop button to turn it off. The screen read power off, but the player did not turn off. The screen continued to read power off and the buttons of the player did not function. I tried to connect it to the computer but it is not recognised. I tried also to reset it using the reset button but with no results. Now I can't use my player because the screen permanently reads power off and the player does not respond. I know this is quite an uncommon problem, but would anyone please help me?

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
Drumzman
New

Hi sim1986,

You're right this does seem to be a strange problem, and you've certainly done the right thing in trying the reset on the back if buttons stop responding.  Looking at when you posted your message, the only thing I would say now is that I would guess that if the display stayed on that the battery will be flat or well on its way by now.   In some ways, a complete power-down can sometimes work as effectively as a reset; so it might be worth seeing (once the battery has become exhausted), whether it will firstly re-charge and the computer recognise it again.  If it does, all might be well, if not another try of the reset button (assuming it has charged at least) might be worth a go.  Failing that, I think seeking some service advice might be the best way to go...

Hope you get sorted.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.en_GB.title
Drumzman
New

Hi sim1986,

You're right this does seem to be a strange problem, and you've certainly done the right thing in trying the reset on the back if buttons stop responding.  Looking at when you posted your message, the only thing I would say now is that I would guess that if the display stayed on that the battery will be flat or well on its way by now.   In some ways, a complete power-down can sometimes work as effectively as a reset; so it might be worth seeing (once the battery has become exhausted), whether it will firstly re-charge and the computer recognise it again.  If it does, all might be well, if not another try of the reset button (assuming it has charged at least) might be worth a go.  Failing that, I think seeking some service advice might be the best way to go...

Hope you get sorted.

profile.country.el_GR.title
sim1986
Visitor

Thanks very much for replying, Drumzman! I will try this solution and see how it goes.

Hello there,

I struggled 2 full nights with my Sony Walkman NWZ-B152 but could not find a solution. It was dead. Earlier it had charged up for a while and the screen was perpetually on POWER OFF with the backlight glowing.

Step 1.

If the screen is stuck at POWER OFF and normal operation of the walkman is not being achieved despite using the Reset button, wait till the battery totally dies.

Step 2.

Now hold the walkman in your hand, remove the usb cover

Step 3.

Press the play button while in your hand and keep it pressed

Step 4.

Insert the walkman into the USB port while keeping the Play button pressed. Hold the Play button for 5 to 7 seconds after plugging the walkman into the PC

The lights should come on and in a minute, your PC should recognise the walkman and everything should work just fine.

This is applicable to the particular model number only. You should try this before you download or install anything. 

Hope this helps!

Hi

My nwz - b125f 2 gb was dead completely while playing the song. I try your recommendation (holding play button while connecting usb for 5-7 sec) it works and i'm so happy. tnx

Hi. I have the same probs but i tried the recommendation so far it can only connect to pc and it says VERBINNDEN M.USB but still can't on and listen to it. i can only connect it and transfer my files. Please help if u have any solution to this. thanks.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @AchiQue_Ein and welcome to the Community.

Is the battery totally discharged?

If so its possible that the usb is disabled as the walkman may not have enough power to start the charging process.

Try charging it from the ac adaptor that came with the walkman.

Even after a few minutes charge it will be able to connect to the pc and you can continue charging, transfer files etc

Hope this helps

My problem is quite similar to the original posts except that it works by resetting it. However, the worst is far from over...at the earlier stage of the problem which is about weeks ago, all the buttons were still functioning but the gadget always revert to main menu within few seconds of interaction.

But currently, it got worsen, except for the play button none of other buttons seem to be working.

Each time after resetting it, it will just revert to the main menu.

The gadget is still rechargeable and readable by pc.

Any help will be much appreciated.

My-Sony.
New

my i pod is not working it is showing display as [charging]only when it is connected to pc if i remove it from pc it is blank it is not showing anything.So, i press the home butten and even reset butten there is no use.:disappointed:

profile.country.GB.title
EggBeg01
New

I tried this on my NWZ-B153 which was dead, and your steps have helped me to revive it. Many thanks, but how the hell did you manage to work out that this is what you needed to do to get it working? I am amazed!