Join now - be part of our community!

New NW-ZX100 or any Walkman- expandable memory Micro SD Card

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
keithmanaton

New NW-ZX100 or any Walkman- expandable memory Micro SD Card

Hi

I've been trying to get an answer out of Sony for 2 weeks. I'm thinking of getting the new NW-ZX1000 or the A20; but have a LOT of Hi Res music and need quite a bit of memory. I've asked half a dozen times whether these player can accomodate a 200+ GB Micro SD card (as they only mention 128 GB in the general text of the product description).

All the Sony people do is list the specification pages (which has no mention of the expandable memory) or just list ONBOARD memory! One even suggested the smaller player could only take a 16GB card!! 

As we all know Micro SD Cards are now available in sizes 16 - 512 GB.

Does anyone know more about this? Or are any current users of Sony Hi Res Walkmans using the larger GB Micros SD cards? And are there any issues with them?

Many thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
feline1

I put the biggest microSD card I could find (a SanDisk 200GB one) in my ZX100 and it seems fine, no problems. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
feline1

I put the biggest microSD card I could find (a SanDisk 200GB one) in my ZX100 and it seems fine, no problems. 

profile.country.GB.title
keithmanaton

Hi feline 1 Yeah I did to in the end; Sony support were totally useless. They suddenly e-mailed me last week and said that any size SD card would be fine. After telling me that it would only take a 16GB for three weeks!! Many thanks Kind regards Keith Manaton
profile.country.GB.title
feline1

The actual microSD card specification allows for cards up to 2TB in size, but no manufacturer seems to have managed to actually create one bigger than 200GB yet. 

There have been rumours of 512GB cards, shown at trade fairs, but not actually available to buy yet. 

I wish they'd hurry up! As I want to put my entire library in lossless format on a single card, but that would be about a terabyte in size!  Patience, I guess... :wink: 

profile.country.GB.title
keithmanaton

Yeah they keep threatening a 512 one but still no show yet. I’ve put a Scan Disc 200GB in my ZX100, works really fine as fast as the clunky old Sony OS allows it to. A 2TB one would be cool! Especially for my DSLR. Kind regards Keith
profile.country.GB.title
feline1

Samsung have now brought out an "EVO+ 256GB UHS-I Grade 1 Class 10" microSD card, which as far as I'm aware is the largest capacity microSD card any vendor has made yet. 

I got one, and it's working fine in my ZX100.  (*Still* not big enough to hold my entire music library, though! looool  But it's a step in the right direction...)