Join now - be part of our community!

NW-A100 slow browsing large microSD, PLEASE FIX.

profile.country.GB.title
pinkbecca
New

NW-A100 slow browsing large microSD, PLEASE FIX.

if anyone from Sony can contact the team that fixes bugs on this player, please inform them that when I insert a 1TB microSD with over 80,000 songs the browsing gets so slow with the Walkman app, if I install other apps from the Play store then its fine, its just with the Walkman app its very slow, previously on the NW-A55 model there wasn't this issue, everything was smooth with browsing the 1TB microSD, so why not with the NW-105 model??, I've reported this issue over a year ago and so many firmwares have been released with no fix to this issue, PLEASE SONY FIX THIS ISSUE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

NOTE:

it even says here What is the maximum storage capacity of micro SD cards for my Walkman? | Sony UK that the NW-A100 Walkman supports up to 2TB microSD, ok if that's confirmed then why is browsing 1TB of 80,000 songs slow??, doesn't make sense, if you support that capacity then obviously a 2TB microSD would fit hundreds of thousands of songs, so please explain to me why browsing the library in the walkman app is VERY slow??

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi pinkbecca, WOW! What a library! 😍. what you're describing is mainly what happens when you use different operating systems, supporting certain space doesn't necessarily mean it will work at its optimum speed. Have you tried contacting Sony support to confirm?