Join now - be part of our community!

NW-A45 deleting my songs

profile.country.GB.title
predi22
Explorer

NW-A45 deleting my songs

I got a brand new, cute NW-A45 with a 128GB SanDisk card. I reloaded my music library from the previous Walkman (nothing big, 6 000 songs, 35GB), and - to my suprise - afeter 'rebuilding library' some folders got empty. For example the "Yes" folder had 18 subfolders with albums... they all got deleted! I tried copying them again, they WERE on the card... but NW-A45 deleted them again. I thought something's wrong with the files, but when I copied the whole Yes folder to the internal memory... the walkman didn't delete them.

How can the walkman delete my songs??? Why? How to stop that? Anyone help please??

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Welcome to the community. :slight_smile:

Have you updated to the latest firmware?

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
predi22
Explorer

Thanks! One of the first things I did I checked... it turned out I already have the latest software. By the way I think someone several posts ago here had a similar or the same issue, I think this issue is only for the NW-A45 model... and it's still rare though as I googled for a million hours and I found nothing else about it.

profile.country.GB.title
predi22
Explorer

FYI - I decided to give it one more try before returning the player and bought a Sony micro SD 64gb card. The problem is gone. SanDisk card however is ok, I tested it with other devices. It seems like just Sony players don't like it. I write "players" because I tried it with 2 NW-A45 players and also with my previous model, NW-A17. NW-A17 was less consistent, sometimes it didn't delete any songs, sometimes did, but still...

A good questions is... is this "malfunction" programmed purposefully? To get people to buy also Sony memory cards? Who knows.

profile.country.FR.title
Alain7887
Explorer

Hi Predi22,

Thanks for your post. I have a similar problem with a sandisk 128Gb : The Drag&Drop Transfert was fine (All the data was transfered with the right folders and songs but the player doesn't recognize them through the menus Author/titles and All the songs are named 'Piste1,2,3...' ('Title' in French).

I guess that if your problem is solved that you can transfert your songs properly. Is the Drag&Drop Functionning allright with your nw-A45 ?

Sincerely.

Huwl12
New

Thanks for posting the solution, go the exact same problem and it has been fustrating me. Good quality sandisk 128GB card and will only take about 20GB before it then deletes the songs when it "creates database" after unplugging. Will geta  sony one and hope that fixes it for me like it did for you.