Join now - be part of our community!

NWZ-A845 To quiet.

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
popplewolf
Visitor

NWZ-A845 To quiet.

Not realy a question, just a point to Sony in the U.K.

You've made the thing to damb quiet to listen to.

32 REPLIES 32
stevethedog
Visitor

I've only had my NWZ-A845 for a couple of days and the volume was my worry as I'm certainly not great at hearing following years of loud music.  However I've not had a problem with it on all the new music I've listened to so far.

Remember you can increase the volume of the tracks in ITunes slightly.

santacrunch
Visitor

It's just about ok for rock/rop, music that is dynamically compressed to be at or around 100% most of the time.

But classical music and other music with a full dynamic range is very low indeed.

And the build quality is a bit slap-dash for such an expensive player.

I will certainly be avoiding Sony products in the future.

profile.country.de_CH.title
Rayman86
Visitor

Exactly the same problem here (with the model NWZ-E453). The FM radio range is 76 to 90 mhz. Someone know where the region settings are? I think the player is now set to Japan... Please help, thanks!

Greetings

Ray

santacrunch
Visitor

Are you saying you went into the "service menu", changed some things around, and then exited and this problem with the radio was there?

I have tried to change the "region" in the service menu of my NWZ-A845 and it won't remain changed. I can changed it from CEW to J but it doesn't really change the region, it always stays at CEW.

Is this what happend?

I don't know how you managed to change anything since it all seems to be locked down, please reveal what you did!

santacrunch
Visitor

Ray, I have read that a "reset" will get the player radio settings back to normal. Don't know if this is correct but worth a try.

My understanding is this is NOT the reset hole on the back of the unit but the reset in the COMMON SETTINGS submenu, in the SETTINGS menu.

Be care to only select RESET and not FORMAT since a format will erase all the songs you have on the player, although no harm done of course.

Message was edited by: santacrunch

Rayman86
Visitor

santacrunch, I went into the service menu and now I can't change anything. It doesn't save the settings (or I don't know the button to do that). The region is set to "J", it always stay at "J", I can't change it.

I will try the reset in the service menu! I didn't see it yesterday... But I will be next week, because I don't have the player here (it's not mine *oh my god* :thinking: )

Stay tuned, I will post feedback here, thank you!

Ray

Rayman86
Visitor

OK, I've tried to reset the player in the NORMAL player setting menu. After that, the player language was set to Japanese I think. I was able to change it back to German, but the radio still doesn't work (only area 76 to 90 mhz).

In the SERVICE menu the dest (destination) is set to "J". How can I change this back? There is no reset function in the service menu. Thank you guys...

Ray

santacrunch
Visitor

Ray, to change things in the service menu you press [option] and it toggles through the various options.

I think pressing play is supposed to save/confirm this change but it does nothing on my unit. I supposed you have tried all this?

In looking for a way to get rid of the volume limiting I have found reports of people with your problem after going into the service menu, someone said they had reset the unit and it had fixed itself.

Obviously it does not always work!

Rayman86
Visitor

Yes, I have tried all these things, but nothing helps. I hope there's a simple solution for this issue!

Ray

Rayman86
Visitor

Nobody knows a solution for this problem with the fm radio?

Greetings