Join now - be part of our community!

NWZ-A845 To quiet.

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
popplewolf
Visitor

NWZ-A845 To quiet.

Not realy a question, just a point to Sony in the U.K.

You've made the thing to damb quiet to listen to.

32 REPLIES 32
stokesypokesy
Visitor

hello does this combination actually work with the NWZ-A845???? makin it louder????

profile.country.el_GR.title
Mayhem32
Visitor

I am having this "FM range" issue with E453, after accessing Service Menu.

Seems that this issue can be resolved; Via the DEST option under OTHER Category; I can change the letter J to E, but I cannot save the option. What am I doing wrong?

santacrunch
Visitor

"Mayhem32", it seems this model (NWZ-E453) has a punishment mode for anyone daring to question the mighty Sony.

Out of interest is the volume any louder on your model after going into the service menu?

profile.country.el_GR.title
Mayhem32
Visitor

@ Santacrunch; Actually, it sounds a bit louder after the first time I entered Service menu.

Come on Sony, we are waiting for an answer. It aint too hard to tell us how we can change the FM frequency range, it's just a setting, not a hardware tweak!

By the way, I expect the upcoming firmware update has more options and of course, actual UNICODE SUPPORT!!!

profile.country.it_IT.title
moriero85
Visitor

i have the same problem of Frequency range with my nwz-455 dest is set to "J"

is there no solution???

profile.country.da_DK.title
Morten_W
Visitor

I have tried this 50 times. My A845 just power off but do not restart...

ste.brown
Visitor

hello there, ive just found this after buying this walkman on saturday, im so gutted about the poor volume quality! infact there is no quality =[

ive tried your menu thing but it doesnt seem to work for me =/ could you explain in more detail please like...

go to main menu, hold back n so on cos ive tried it and it doesnt work =[

citizen1
Visitor

Hi -

Don't know if it applies to your model, but I'm about to buy another mp3 player and like the look of the NWZ-E455, but low volume reviews have put me off.

However, if you go to the Sony Support FAQs, there is the following advice which may work on your model too:

"The volume is not loud enough."

Solution description

The AVLS function may be enabled. AVLS is a function that  limits the maximum volume to prevent auditory disturbance or  distraction. Disable the AVLS function.

From the Home menu, select (settings), common settings, AVLS(volume limit) and select the desired setting type:

AVLS ON: keeps the volume at a moderate level.
AVLS OFF: Plays back audio at the original volume (default setting)

I hope it applies to your NWZ-A845, but if not, maybe this advice helps others.

Cheers.

Robert

profile.country.da_DK.title
Morten_W
Visitor

I have tried everything i could find on the Internet about changing the volume. But its a no go...I have also (like 1000 other users) asked Sony for help - but after waiting a month with no answer from their support I gave up... Have sold the model and bought a Cowon J3. This model can really play loud! It drives my Grado SR 80 with no problems at all! - and the sound its much better than the A845. More power, better EQ, better sound and much better battery-time.

So sell your Sony!

Sorry Sony - but you made a big mistake by locking the volume...

BR

Morten

korgull666
Visitor

I just bought one of these. Compared to my previous mp3 player (Sansa Fuze, which died on me after only 2 months), the sound quality is very poor indeed, just as bad as an Ipod, and it is also too quiet. I have gone into the service menu to try to fix the volume limiter but it will not allow me to alter the volume output.

So, I am taking this back and getting something else. Very disappointed.