Join now - be part of our community!

NWZ W273 walkman issues

profile.country.GB.title
martinmaasik
New

NWZ W273 walkman issues

Hi all,

I have googled enough to understand that this is a quite problematic product with lots of complaints.
Nevertheless, it is more than a bit frustrating, so allow me to vent a bit.

This is the 2nd pair that I own which has stopped working but this time it was a bit different because I clearly witnessed the moment it stopped working and common sense tells me that this problem should not be irreversible.

I had no problems with my device up until one day recently when I decided to update content and upload some podcasts on it. Once I plugged the USB cable into my PC, it offered me to do an update, which I naively accepted (I am not quite sure which update it could have been but it had not been that long since I last plugged it into my PC so it kind of does not seem like it could have been the firmware update from 2015). Anywho, ever since then I cannot turn the device on. It also does not charge (neither when I plug it to a PC or just to a wall using the adapter from a phone charger; previously I used the latter all the time and it worked perfectly without exception).

The weird part, though, is that:
1) I can still connect it to a PC
2) I can still transfer / delete content from the devie
BUT:
1) the power button just does not do anything. Right after the problem occured I could still see the green light blinking for a few times I believe (without the device playing any music or anything) but now it has just completely stopped reacting at all.
2) the red light on the charger does not turn on when USB is plugged into a PC / wall.

On top of it all: when trying to update/reinstall the firmware version 1.10, THEN the red light turns on and it appears to be functioning as if everything was OK.

What is happening? None of the threads I have found offer me anything useful. Reset button was the first thing I tried because that had helped me out several times in the past when the walkman had crashed. I even took it to an electronics repairshop, where it was looked at, cleaned, possibly even opened up. Nothing.

Super frustrating. I cannot believe that it is just a coincidence everything stopped working after some update. I even noticed there was a thread in the past "update to 1.10 and stopped working" or similar. Is there really nothing useful you can tell me? (and my fellow sufferers)

Thanks for letting me vent
Martin

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Vanilla_
Contributor

Hi martinmaasik,

Sorry to hear this. Have you tried to reset it like it's described here: https://bit.ly/2QDsGkS?

I would say if this is still the case, you can contact your retailer to check if it can be replaced under warranty.

Vanilla_