Join now - be part of our community!

Pairing Linkbuds S to an old tablet

profile.country.GB.title
HelenH199
Explorer

Pairing Linkbuds S to an old tablet

I can’t seem to pair my Linkbuds S to my old Samsung Galaxy tablet. It’s the SM T-280 (from 2016) which has Android 5.1. It’s not the Samsung device because I tried it with a friend’s who has the same model. There are no problems with a later Galaxy model which has Android 11. Could it be the fact that it’s old version of Andoid?

Thanks

Helen

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi again @HelenH199  :slight_smile:

I'm not 100% sure on this but you're very probably correct as I know to use the Google Assistant 

on a smartphone with these buds, the phone has to be Android 6.0 or later. (The term smartphone covers tablets too.)

As a test you could try installing the 'Sony Headphones Connect' app which you will find in the Google Play store app on your tablet.

Once installed have a look at This page for a guide on how to try to register the buds with the app and tablet.

If the app doesn't detect the buds in pairing mode then you'll know its because of the Android version.

Let us know how you get on.

profile.country.GB.title
HelenH199
Explorer

Hi Jumpuit

Once again, thanks for sending a link.

I’ve installed the app and followed the instructions. The tablet scanned but couldn’t find the earbuds, so it looks like I’m scuppered using those two together.

Oh, bring back the simple joys of the Sony Walkman!
Helen