Join now - be part of our community!

Playlist when not connected to a computer

profile.country.GB.title
stephanos57
New

Playlist when not connected to a computer

I have been in the Creative world for a long time using a Zen Mosaic and Creative's own proprietary application, Creative Centrale. I am now looking to move away as my player is not working properly. Please note I do not store my MP3 files on the computer. They are on an external HDD. I copy a selections of files to the player as and when I wish.

The thing I need to be able to do with my next player is:

a) while the player is connected to the computer use whichever application Sony recommend to create a playlist of music that is on the player

b) disconnect the player from the computer and play the play list.

I have previously purchased some budget mp3 players that do not have their own proprietary application, only to discover that I cannot do what I want.

Here are some questions

Is this possible with all or some of the Sony MP3 players?  If so which?

Is it a feature of the Sony recommended application?

Is it a feature of the player?

Any product advice appreciated

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hi @stephanos57, welcome to the Community.

The Sony Walkman uses MediaGo to manage content. You can read about the way it works here. From your description, it should work the way you expect.

You may also be interested in viewing the current Walkman range.

Hope that's of some help.

Mick

profile.country.GB.title
stephanos57
New

Dear Mick

Thank you for the response. However, I am not looking for a "should" response. I am looking for a yes or no response. In addition, there is no longer MediaGo. It is replaced with Media Centre for PC. I have been to its website for technical information and it is very lacking on this subject. For example at this page

https://musiccenter.sony.net/en/instruction/. I can follow links to a page that says this:

"A playlist is a list of collected songs for playback.

Creating a playlist lets you play only your favorite songs. You can also play songs in the desired order.

You can transfer playlists to an audio device such as the WALKMAN®."

Perhaps because I do not know this application I stare at this answer and simply wonder does transferring a playlist also mean the files are transferred as well. Not helpful.

What I cannot find is a technical support option to pose this question and get a yes/no answer. Is there a support option not listed on the website?

I am not spending money on a product without getting a simple answer to a simple question. I have wasted too much money on hardware only to find it does not do what I want.

Any further information needed.

Thanks