Join now - be part of our community!

RE: Sony 'NW-A45' (last-played-track) Question?

profile.country.GB.title
monsterjazzlicks

RE: Sony 'NW-A45' (last-played-track) Question?

Hi folks,

It seems there is a way that, when you turn ON the 'NW-A45' Walkman, it will automatically call up the last song/album which was played (ie. that you were listening to) before the device was turned off.

So, if you were listening to The Beatles 'Lady Madonna' one morning and swithed off the device, when you turn it back on (say) in the evening, the display-window will have automatically called up (in this case) 'Lady Madonna'.  This has happened to me just once in one month, and so I know it's possible.

But the other 99% of the time the device defaults back to the first alpha-numeric title in my library (which is Chick Corea's '1-2-1234' [from his 'Again And Again' album]).

I don't know how others feel, but I would much like the Walkman to call up the last-played-track.  

Any assistance would be gratefully appreciated.

Best,

Paul

Keyboards / Composer / Arranger
2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Paul, 

You might find some helpful information in the Playback Methods section of the manual here. Let us know how you get on.

Best wishes,

Ed

profile.country.GB.title
monsterjazzlicks

Hi Ed,

After much experimentation it appears that the 'circle/arrow' icon in both the left and right screen sides must be 'lit'.  This is somewhat counter-intuitive because the left had side icon relates to 'playlist/shuffle' settings, and not the default power-up track!?  The latter does not even seem to be mentioned in the manual, as far as I can see? I always thought this was a standard setting on most playback devices?

Thanks a lot,

Paul 

Keyboards / Composer / Arranger