Join now - be part of our community!

RE: Sony NW-A45 Walkman Missing Artwork (help)

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
monsterjazzlicks

RE: Sony NW-A45 Walkman Missing Artwork (help)

Hi folks,

I purchase a brand new Sony NW-A45 Walkman two weeks ago from Amazon.

I have tranferred my FLAC format music collection across (from my C-drive) but, as of yet, none of the artwork is being displayed, period.  

I spent many many hours over the past 12 months compiling appropriate artworks for each CD but as I say, they are not showing.  However, they do show on my PC (ie. foobar) and on my Amazon Fire tablet (ie. foobar again).  I was assured - pre-purchase - that this Walkman device does in fact display all and any artworks.

Many thanks in advance for any kind help offered.

Paul (UK)

Keyboards / Composer / Arranger
40 REPLIES 40
profile.country.GB.title
Photobug4
Explorer

Well, what you say is not addressing the issue:  if I may offer an analogy- my car will perform just fine without the stereo system, but I BOUGHT it with the idea that it would be a nice feature to have.   Same situation here. 
profile.country.GB.title
Mushii77
Explorer

More like the analogy I bought a car bought don't want the additional hassle of cleaning it when it gets dirty (but I still want it to look like it did when I bought it). Its still a car, it still gets you from a to b but without a little user input it wont look as pretty as you want. Functionality is still the same.

profile.country.GB.title
Photobug4
Explorer

Sorry but you missed the point.  Enjoy the day!
profile.country.GB.title
monsterjazzlicks

Mushi,

Yes, missing arts won't effect the functionality of the player.  However, I do find it pretty lousy that one has to d/l a 3rd party s/w to do the job that the manufacturer should have implemented into the device/PC.

Paul

Keyboards / Composer / Arranger
profile.country.GB.title
michaelfalk
New

Are you sure the artwork is embeded i the flac file? It is not always... Most of my flacfiles show the artwork on the player, but not all.  

profile.country.GB.title
Darkmiss2020
Explorer

I hope I'm not too late with this reply, but ever since I bought my NW-A55 Walkman a few weeks ago I have been troubled with many of my embedded album art not showing on the Walkman unit but will show anywhere else EG windows media players, windows explorer and other MP3 players.

after many hours searching for the answer as to why it was only the Sony Walkman that had this trouble and only with some of my files, I finally found the answer.

I was how the album art was saved before it was embedded into the mp3 file, it had nothing to do with the size of the file in pixels or kb file size.

I found out that it was a setting called "Progressive" when saving a JPG file, there are various options you can change before saving a JPG file like compression amount and so on but if progressive is ticked in the options when saving the file, and embedding it into your MP3,  the Sony Walkman will not display the album art.

I extracted every album art that was not displaying and re-saved them without this option ticked, then re embedded them using Mp3Tag,  and now every MP3 and Flac file I have shows their album art perfectly.

profile.country.GB.title
Darkmiss2020
Explorer

If you don;t have have an art program that gives you the option to  turn off progressive when saving a JPG file

then try the program that I used, Called "Faststone Image viewer"

it's a free program and has a portable download option too, from https://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm

profile.country.GB.title
michaelfalk
New

You're right - thanks! You can actually use the music center for this. Just
choose the album --> properties --> cover-art tab --> convert cover art..
and it will do It for you..
THANOA
New

Hello Everyone,

The above solution is completely correct. I too had difficulties seeing all of my artwork as well. There were some albums that displayed its art correctly and other that didn't. I even went as far as using the application: MP3tag to make sure that the album art was actually embedded into each song. Still, I continued to have issues even doing this additional step.

I decided to give this progressive to baseline .jpeg conversion business a go. There are many programs that are capable of converting .jpegs, but I used a free application called: Irfanview 64. I used the sub application called Irfanview Thumbnails to locate my desired .jpeg for conversion. I right-clicked on the file > JPEG LOSSLESS OPERATIONS >LOSSLESS ROTATION WITH SELECTED FILE > Keep all setting as it stands and click Start. This will convert the selected .jpeg into a baseline .jpeg. Afterwards, just use MP3tag application to add newly converted .jpeg into the corresponding album and save.

Once that's done, just upload the album which you have just updated with baseline .jpeg art into the Music folder of your Sony player and voila! I am so thankful for this forum and I just wanted to share some more information that helped a novice like me. I apologize for my English, but I am Spaniard. 🙂

Tags (1)

Hi!

I am at the end of my wisdom. I cropped a 600x600 pix with a 300 resolution jpeg, exported it as baseline with gimp. Then used Tag Editor Free to set the image as CoverArt for the mp3-file and saved it. It gets displayed in the Mac Finder, in iTunes etc. but not in my Walkman NWZ-E584. I'm desperate... Does anyone have another idea how to fix this???