Join now - be part of our community!

Removing music from my mp3 player.

SOLVED
myketyke
New

Removing music from my mp3 player.

1,   I have a mp3 player the NWZ-E585 i wish to remove the demonstration music that was put there by sony but on looking for a solution on the sony guide/help site for this item i cannot find any information to guide me. I also telephoned their helpline but the sony representative could not find a solution!.Help.

2,   Secondly how do i remove songs from the songs/playlist? on the mp3 player.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

Hi myketyke, you cannot simply delete files straight from your MP3 player although you should be able to do this by connecting your MP3 player to your pc then click and open Computer > Walkman > Storage Media then look for your walkmans music file select the track you want to remove & press Delete. Make sure you do not delete the actual Music folder though.

If you used Windows Media player or something similar then you could use that to remove the ones you no longer want. When the software recognises your MP3 player browse to files you want to remove & press delete basically the opsite way you would have done to add music to your device.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

Hi myketyke, you cannot simply delete files straight from your MP3 player although you should be able to do this by connecting your MP3 player to your pc then click and open Computer > Walkman > Storage Media then look for your walkmans music file select the track you want to remove & press Delete. Make sure you do not delete the actual Music folder though.

If you used Windows Media player or something similar then you could use that to remove the ones you no longer want. When the software recognises your MP3 player browse to files you want to remove & press delete basically the opsite way you would have done to add music to your device.

profile.country.it_IT.title
jan2011
Enthusiast

Hi “myketyke”

Here is  NWZ-E47x/E57x - Manual. Many options are about the same. It could be useful.

The “demonstration music” tracks (files) could be “hidden” or “only read” files. Try with Windows Explorer (you have first  to enable viewing hidden files). If you find such files, right-click with mouse and select “properties” and chance “attributes”.

Warning!!!

Be very careful using Windows Explorer to modify/erase files/folders on walkman.

Read carefully notes on this page on manual: http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/4425218121/EN/contents/02/02/01/01.html

Note

• Do not rename or delete default folders, such as [MUSIC], [MP_ROOT], [MPE_ROOT], [VIDEO], [DCIM], [PICTURE], [PICTURES], [PODCASTS], [RECORD] and [VOICE]. Default folder names vary depending on the model and the country/region in which you have purchased your Walkman.

• Do not change folder or file names directly under the [MP_ROOT] or [MPE_ROOT] folders. Otherwise, they will not be displayed on your Walkman.

• Some files may not be played back on your Walkman due to copyright protection.

And this http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/4425218121/EN/contents/15/03/01/01.html

Storing data

You can store computer data into the built-in flash memory of your Walkman by transferring the data from your computer using Windows Explorer, or other transfer-capable software. If the Walkman is connected to the computer, the built-in flash memory appears in Windows Explorer as [WALKMAN].

Note

• Do not use the bundled software while using Windows Explorer to interact with the built-in flash memory of your Walkman.

• Do not disconnect the USB cable (supplied) while [Do not disconnect.] appears during data transfer. Otherwise, the data being transferred or the data stored in your Walkman may be damaged.

• Do not rename default folders, such as [MUSIC], [MP_ROOT], [MPE_ROOT], [VIDEO], [DCIM], [PICTURE], [PICTURES], [PODCASTS], [RECORD] and [VOICE]. Also, do not rename files and folders under them. Otherwise, they will not be displayed on your Walkman. Default folder names vary depending on the model and the country/region in which you have purchased the Walkman.

Non mi aspetto nulla. Non temo nulla. Sono libero. - I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.   (N.K.)
myketyke
New

Thank you both, for your responses this is my first mp3 player so as you may guess i am a novice when it comes to the world of music uploading/downloading etc, and for that matter computers!.:smileyexclaim: 

myketyke
New

Thanks the advice worked a treat! :).

profile.country.it_IT.title
jan2011
Enthusiast

Hi “myketyke”

Just for a next time and other NWZ-E585 walkman users…

Which “advice worked a threat”?

Non mi aspetto nulla. Non temo nulla. Sono libero. - I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.   (N.K.)