Join now - be part of our community!

Sony ICD-UX523F -only Sound Organizer Software is able to access files on your IC Recorder

profile.country.GB.title
BudFox
New

Sony ICD-UX523F -only Sound Organizer Software is able to access files on your IC Recorder

Problem:

There are files on my recorder that can only be played by the software Sound Organizer, that is to say only when the recorder is linked to a computer by USB cable.

When the recorder is not connected and I only use the keys "menu", "folder" and "<,>" there is no way to access to theses files.

Description:

Once the recorder connected to the computer, Sound organizer software shows the files under the tab "music symbol", located under the standard tab "a bubble with 2 lines inside" and above the tab used for podcasts.

The point is that when disconnected from the computer, the recorder doesn't show on its display the tab "music symbol", the only tab avalaible is the standard one.

Solution:

Using Windows 10 Explorer, locate the device called "IC RECORDER (?:)"  

configure  Windows Explorer to allow it to show hidden files and folder

under IC RECORDER you will see many folders and one is a hidden folder named ".Trashes"

in my case, this folder contains a hidden subfolder named "501"

all the files are inside ( in my case 6 files for a total size of 1,6 Go)

Because we are going to use Windows Explorer to delete or move the audio files we need to stop the software Sound Organizer from running before any move.

There are 3 others non hidden folders named "MUSIC", "PODCASTS" & "VOICE"

Copy all the files from "501" to "MUSIC"

It's done - Now when disconnected from the computer the RECORDER shows on its display the tab "music" and when you move in the folder attached to "music" you find all the files.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi BudFox,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

Thank you for posting a solution for this.

Best wishes,

Sean Mc