Join now - be part of our community!

Sony MDR 1000x compatible with Kindle Fire?

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Chettz
Explorer

Sony MDR 1000x compatible with Kindle Fire?

I’m trying to Bluetooth pair my new Sony headphones with my 5th Gen Kindle Fire, but it’s not showing in the Bluetooth list... are these compatible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @Chettz and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

I'm not sure they are compatible as Bluetooth microphones,

microphone-enabled headsets, and low energy devices are not supported.

I wonder if your headphones class as a microphone-enabled headset

as you can make calls from them?

You may have tried this already but here

are a few things you could try

• "Confirm that your Bluetooth accessory is compatible with your Kindle Fire HD. Bluetooth microphones, microphone-enabled headsets, and low energy devices are not supported. To learn more, go to Connect to Bluetooth on Kindle Fire HD.

Note: Bluetooth is not available on Kindle Fire 2nd Generation.

• Turn on Bluetooth pairing on your supported accessory. These steps will vary by device. Refer to your accessory's manufacturer if you need help turning on Bluetooth.
  • Verify that the accessory is within range of your device. You won't be able to pair your device with your Bluetooth accessory if they aren't in close proximity to each other.

Then:

1. Turn on Bluetooth pairing on your Kindle Fire.

1. Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap Wireless, and then tap Bluetooth.
    2. Next to Enable Bluetooth, tap On. A list of available Bluetooth devices will appear.
    3. On the accessory or other device that you want to pair with your Kindle Fire, make sure that Bluetooth functionality is turned on so that your accessory or device is discoverable.
    4. Tap a Bluetooth accessory to pair it with your Kindle Fire, and then follow any additional pairing instructions. After you pair your Bluetooth accessory with your Kindle Fire, a Bluetooth indicator will appear next to the wireless indicator in the top right corner of the screen. If the Bluetooth indicator is grey, your Kindle Fire is not paired with your Bluetooth accessory.
  2. Restart your Kindle Fire if you are still unable to pair your device with your Bluetooth accessory. Press and hold the Power button for 40 seconds or until the device restarts automatically. If your device restarts automatically before 40 seconds has passed, release the Power button. If your device does not automatically restart after 40 seconds, press the Power button to turn it on."

Let us know if this helps.

Cheers

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @Chettz and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

I'm not sure they are compatible as Bluetooth microphones,

microphone-enabled headsets, and low energy devices are not supported.

I wonder if your headphones class as a microphone-enabled headset

as you can make calls from them?

You may have tried this already but here

are a few things you could try

• "Confirm that your Bluetooth accessory is compatible with your Kindle Fire HD. Bluetooth microphones, microphone-enabled headsets, and low energy devices are not supported. To learn more, go to Connect to Bluetooth on Kindle Fire HD.

Note: Bluetooth is not available on Kindle Fire 2nd Generation.

• Turn on Bluetooth pairing on your supported accessory. These steps will vary by device. Refer to your accessory's manufacturer if you need help turning on Bluetooth.
  • Verify that the accessory is within range of your device. You won't be able to pair your device with your Bluetooth accessory if they aren't in close proximity to each other.

Then:

1. Turn on Bluetooth pairing on your Kindle Fire.

1. Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap Wireless, and then tap Bluetooth.
    2. Next to Enable Bluetooth, tap On. A list of available Bluetooth devices will appear.
    3. On the accessory or other device that you want to pair with your Kindle Fire, make sure that Bluetooth functionality is turned on so that your accessory or device is discoverable.
    4. Tap a Bluetooth accessory to pair it with your Kindle Fire, and then follow any additional pairing instructions. After you pair your Bluetooth accessory with your Kindle Fire, a Bluetooth indicator will appear next to the wireless indicator in the top right corner of the screen. If the Bluetooth indicator is grey, your Kindle Fire is not paired with your Bluetooth accessory.
  2. Restart your Kindle Fire if you are still unable to pair your device with your Bluetooth accessory. Press and hold the Power button for 40 seconds or until the device restarts automatically. If your device restarts automatically before 40 seconds has passed, release the Power button. If your device does not automatically restart after 40 seconds, press the Power button to turn it on."

Let us know if this helps.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Chettz
Explorer

Thanks, I'd seen that too, and thought it could be because of that - oh well.  Thanks for confirming my suspicions!

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi again @Chettz

No worries :slight_smile: