Join now - be part of our community!

Sony MDR 1000X Right Ear cup snapped

profile.country.GB.title
Treaders91
Explorer

Sony MDR 1000X Right Ear cup snapped

Hi, 

I just want to ask a question to see if anybody has had this issue or if they can guide me on how to deal with this situation.

I have had my MDR 1000X since june and i rarely use them and they are in perfect condition. I bought them for around £330 and I love them. 

However after keeping them in the hard carrying case provided i have opened them up and the swival have broken on the right earcup. I have raised a case with sony and was rudely spoken to down the phone by a customer service analyst. I was passed to a manager and  after speaking to a manager who was actually laughing at me as she accused me of turning the right headphone 360 Degrees. I find it disgraceful.

The headphones stop when they are being turned so i have no idea how she would think they could even go 360 degrees. I have been told by sony they are classing this as "Physical damaged caused by owner". I Am extremely fustrated with this service and the way i was treated. 

The swival bit on the earcup is actually in the inside of he device so im not sure how i would even break this. However I would not be trying to deliberately break a £300+ pair of headphones. 

I think this issue would be down to cheap plastics used during manufacture. 

Can anybody on hear advise on this issue? I feel very let down by sony who pride themselves in customer service. 

thanks

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Treaders91
Explorer

Sony MDR 1000x Swivel broken

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Treaders91, 

Welcome to the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear about your experience.

Just to let you know: we have escalated your comment to Support and someone will get back to you about this.

Best, 

Arthur

profile.country.GB.title
Treaders91
Explorer

Hi @Anonymous, 

Please can you update me once you have investigated this. 

I would like to get this issue resolved as soon as possible as i love these headphones and dont understand how sony can treat this as physical damage caused by myself as these are in new condition. This should also not be happening to a pair £300+ pair of headphones which should also be durable. 

The attitude from the support staff was inappropriate. 

Thanks 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi J, 

We will update this thread as soon as we receive a reply.

Best, 

Arthur

profile.country.GB.title
Treaders91
Explorer

@Anonymousdo you have an update on this?

Thanks 

J

profile.country.GB.title
Owen_G

Hi again,

We're very sorry to hear you've still not had a response. We've just given our support team a nudge to remind them that you're waiting, and we'll be back in touch as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Owen