Join now - be part of our community!

Sony NW-A35 - SD card not recognised

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Raymonda71
Explorer

Sony NW-A35 - SD card not recognised

Hello

I recently purchased the NW-A35 and I cannot get it to recognise my micro SD card, which is a SanDisk Ultra 128 GB (the black one with red writing) and was hoping to use that but it it not recognised by the player, so I cannot 'mount' it or format it in the Sony device. 

I can format it on my Windows Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10 and also in my Fiio X1 but not the Sony. Any advice regarding the best formatting options or do I have to buy a brand new, never before used SD card for it?

All advice is welcome as I do not feel that £149 for a device limited to 16GB is very good value.

thanks Ray

Tags (3)
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Raymonda71
Explorer

I managed to solve the issue by buying and inserting a new micro SD card, so perhaps it was because my original had been used in another device.

View solution in original post

profile.country.GB.title
Bobbie459
Explorer

I had this problem as well.

It is because your card was used and/or formated on a different device. You could still use that card though. But, you have to restore it back to factory defaults.

I had success using this tool from SanDisk:

https://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14827/~/using-sd-formatter-tool-to-restore-full-capac...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Raymonda71
Explorer

covering the basics, I should add that I am inserting it the correct way up with the connectors facing in the same way up as the screen and that the small light next to the sd card slot flashes when the card is inserted and I have cleaned the gold contacts with Iso Propanol to ensure they are clean.

profile.country.GB.title
Raymonda71
Explorer

I managed to solve the issue by buying and inserting a new micro SD card, so perhaps it was because my original had been used in another device.

profile.country.GB.title
Bobbie459
Explorer

I had this problem as well.

It is because your card was used and/or formated on a different device. You could still use that card though. But, you have to restore it back to factory defaults.

I had success using this tool from SanDisk:

https://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14827/~/using-sd-formatter-tool-to-restore-full-capac...

johnv01
New

Same on Sony NW-A45, this tool did the trick.

Many Thanks