Join now - be part of our community!

Sony NW-A45

profile.country.GB.title
Canadianguy54

Sony NW-A45

Hi....new to the forum. I have had Sony potables over the years, I got fed up with the old players they were making cheaper and taking away the features. So I bought a NW-A45.

Is it not possible to use the volume control in bluetooth with a Logitech Boom Box? I tried and even with enhance mode set but nothing.

Thanks

Hi I just read a post someone put about the NW-A35, kind of awnserd my question!

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi @Canadianguy54, welcome to the Community.

This may be something to approach Logitech about, as Bluetooth speaker connections may require particular settings for this sort of function.

It may of course be one of your Walkman settings getting in the way. Bluetooth isn't the brightest when dealing with audio controls. See this Help page for details. 

Hope something there helps.

profile.country.GB.title
Canadianguy54

There is nothing on the speaker except on off and bluetooth connect. The bluetooth setting is straight forward I tried all the settings.

profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi Canadianguy54,

You mentioned that a post about the NW-A35 had answered your question. Is this still the case, or do you need assistance? 

Thanks,

Pascale

profile.country.GB.title
Canadianguy54

Good Thanks!

profile.country.GB.title
miltonclivebrown
Explorer

I have many Sony products in fact you can call me a Sony Fan.I bought the NW A45 Mp3 player about two weeks ago and i have completely reripped my cd collection onto my laptop to FLAC FILES and the quality compared to Mp3’s is like night and day.I have read online that people have issues adjusting the volume through devices used with this device,i can’t understand that myself as i don’t have any issues at all.Sounds like compatibility issues.Only one criticism i can find and unlike my Sony Noise Cancelling Headphones you can’t adjust the equaliser in Bluetooth mode.

profile.country.GB.title
miltonclivebrown
Explorer

Nothing on this speaker you say?Maybe i’m being mistaken but you don’t seem at all impressed with this product?Where i do think Sony went wrong is they didn’t give headphones with this Mp3 player unless you forked out more money.A DEAL BREAKER FOR SOME.

profile.country.GB.title
vmxasp
Explorer

I agree about the equalizer problem. I have Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones and thought it would be nice to rip all my CDs to FLAC and listen to them wirelessly using bluetooth. It just seems sooo wrong that a) I have to use the cable if I want to use the equalizer and b) I can use an equalizer with bluetooth on my APPLE products through the Sony Headphones app. Come on, Sony - give us bluetooth equalizer in a firmware upgrade please - there are several people on here who have requested this. Just hope the hardware is capable! For what it's worth, I have no issues controlling the NW-A45 from my headphones.

profile.country.GB.title
miltonclivebrown
Explorer

I have the Sony WH - 1000xm2 model and yes you can’t use the settings while using Bluetooth mode but i find the sound and volume adequate enough,especially like you my music files are in Flac.Though i do agree with you that Sony should address this issue as the Sony Headphones App allows the changing of the equaliser sound modes with my Sony WH - 1000xm2 Noise Cancelling Headphones.

profile.country.GB.title
vmxasp
Explorer

I should have said that I'm a bit of an old dinosaur with ears that are a bit deficient around the 2KHz area (according to audiometrist) so I miss out on some of the sound unless I can use an equalizer for a boost. Volume is OK but I do have to pick up my headphones carefully...VERY carefully, otherwise the touch controls on the right headphone will boost the volume up to max and explode my eardrums when I put them on!  Of course AVLS doesn't work on Bluetooth either :slight_smile: These seem to be strange omissions from this otherwise excellent little piece of equipment. btw - I seem to have quite a collection of Sony stuff, too! Do hope Sony can enable equalizer over Bluetooth.