Join now - be part of our community!

Sony NWZ-W273 not charging

Sony NWZ-W273 not charging

Hi,
My walkman has worked fine until recently. Now I cannot get it to charge via a USB plug or computer when using the charging cradle. No lights come on at all. Can anyone assist or advise how I can get it fixed? I've only had it for 8 months so an expensive bit of kit to throw away.
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Have a look at the following troubleshooting page and see if any of them work for you:

http://helpguide.sony.net/dmp/nwzw270s/v1/en/contents/05/02/02/02.html

If not, I would contact Sony Support : HERE and get them to repair it.  As its only 8 months old, its probably under warranty?

Cheers

carolinelynn
Explorer

I think i love you!!! i tried all that download stuff got sad then tried my friends cradle again in a different usb hole ...got sad again as it kept saying connect device poured a lass of wine... still sad and then a little bup noise as it connected and it is charging oh thank you sony fairy !!!x

carolinelynn
Explorer

did all the download stuff and moved ports and see my post it worked and is now charging albeit from my friends cradle will try mine on the sony chargey thingy later ...heres hoping and good luck to you as my is just under 11months old!

johnnyzap

hi again i seem to have remedied my issue again i did multiple things

i used a pencil to push the hidden arm which when pushed in exposes the metal arms which raise to come into contact with the metal strip on the earphone which says 'sony' on

when the metal contacts pop up from the cradle i sprayed with servisol contact cleaner (available on ebay £4.50 or so) and brushed the metal contacts with a toothbrush  and really gave the unit a good dowsingin the servisol cleaner,i then left it for 30 minutes to let the contact cleaner dissapate

i also sprayed the headphone part and cleaned it again with a toothbrush i noticed there was a build up of gunk on it so thought maybe this was causing a bad contact so kept scrubbing til it was perfectly clean

after doing this i plugged the usb and repeatedly pushed and pulled off the 'sony' headphone on/off the cradle and it actually lit up and it showed up in 'my computer' there i reinstalled the software and followed the instructions closely i install media go software as well

since i have done this it has worked fine.i do find i have to push the usb in and out several time sometimes,

i have made a copy of all the files and will gladly send you them if you email me, this goes for anyone else having this annoying issue and wants to try the original files that comes with the device which unfortunately you cant access..very frustraing.

email me at      johnsapcote@yahoo.co.uk