Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Walkman NW-A55L - Amazon UK USB-C

profile.country.GB.title
Cyborgbadger
Explorer

Sony Walkman NW-A55L - Amazon UK USB-C

Hello, I was thinking of importing a NW-A55 into the UK, then I noticed www.amazon.co.uk has a NW-A55L for pre-order. The description says it has USB Type-C port? I'm not sure I believe it as the NW-A55 has a WM-port. Can anybody shed any light on this? Is there a difference between the 55 and the 55L?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-NW-A55L-Walkman-Portable-S-Master-Black/dp/B07X3XD1BW/ref=sxbs_sxwds-s...

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there, 

Welcome to the Sony Community.

Unfortunately I'm unable comment on models that are not sold in the European market. 

You can see the current range of Walkman available on the Sony website here.

Best wishes,

Sean 

profile.country.GB.title
Cyborgbadger
Explorer

Hi Sean,

Thanks for the reply. However, by the look of the Amazon.co.uk, the NW-A55L will be available in the UK on the 1st of November, so was just wondering if there was any more information. Amazon must have got that information from somewhere.

profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi again,

I don't have any information on this.

Best to keep an eye on the Sony website and social media pages for all the latest updates.

Best wishes,

Sean 

profile.country.GB.title
QSwitch
Explorer

The Amazon info is inaccurate.  The A55L still uses the WM-Port.  There's little gain with the USB C on the A105, however - Sony have opted to use USB 2 anyway for some reason, so the data transfer is no better than you'd get through the WM-Port.  It does mean you can use cables you might already have for phones rather than having to carry an extra cable just for the player, but that's the only benefit.

profile.country.GB.title
Sonyvores
Contributor

The only one difference between NW-A55 and A55L is that L version doesn't carry radio. Apart that it's the same