Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Walkman NWZ-A845 Buttons Confused

profile.country.en_GB.title
tommypsmin
Visitor

Sony Walkman NWZ-A845 Buttons Confused

I own an NWZ-A845 and the search and scroll buttons are always mixed up.

UP is DOWN

DOWN does nothing

POWEROFF/OPTIONS does nothing

Sometimes after a file transfer, the configuration of these buttons will have changed, the most annoying of these is when the BACK button does not work, and I have to scroll through every track to get through albums.

I have tried the reset button many times, Any help greatly appreciated

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.mk_MK.title
ChrisCanon
Visitor

this is a software problem... u sure u didnt catch any viruces lately?

profile.country.en_GB.title
tommypsmin
Visitor

Hi ChrisCanon,

thanks so much for the reply, nice to have some idea of what might be going on.  My laptop suffers from viruses at least once/twice a year requiring a system restore.  You think this has affected the walkmans software when I connected it?

If so, are you aware of any options (other than pressing reset switch) which I may have to resolve the issue?

I'm hoping the software isnt permanently corrupted????

profile.country.mk_MK.title
ChrisCanon
Visitor

why dont u get a anti virus... every computer suffers from viruces, i always use avira. and never had problems with anything

http://www.avira.com/en/avira-free-antivirus

its free antivirus and very good one. first clean ur laptop from viruces and then check the walkman and dont allow the antivirus to clean anything before u see what hes gonna clean. it might delete some operating software fromt eh walkman... i dont know where can i find software for u to reinstall it...if its not working after cleaning... if still the warranty is valuable just go and tell them u have software problem