Join now - be part of our community!

Sony WF-1000XM3 - Apple Watch 6

profile.country.GB.title
markmcfarland
New

Sony WF-1000XM3 - Apple Watch 6

Hi everyone

Im on my 3rd pair of Sony WF1000XM3 as I’ve not been able to resolve this one. If I can’t get a permanent fix then I’ll be sending back.

I’m using the earbuds in conjunction with an iPhone 11 and Apple Watch 6.

I’ll start by adding all firmware is up to date, they’ve been fully charged and I use the ‘priority on stable connection’ option within the app. 

The earbuds don’t seem to like the iPhone/watch set up as far as a stable Bluetooth connection. Currently, every 30 seconds or so the sound jitters/cuts out. 

ive managed to find a solution but it’s far from ideal and I think it should be corrected by firmware as it doesn’t happen with any other earbuds I own.

in order for me to get an uninterrupted connection I must either disconnect the Apple Watch from my iPhone when using the ear buds or connect the earbuds directly to my Apple Watch and by pass the iPhone. The problem with the latter is i then need to change what I’m listening into on my watch - if I try to revert to the phone it’ll stop playing as assumes I don’t want to use the watch anymore. Both of these solutions do the trick and I can play for hours without problem. The issue is, I shouldn’t have to do this. If it wasn’t for the fact the sound is great I’d have given up long ago.

Anyone else experienced this or have a suggestion?

many thanks

Mark

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi,

The iPhone can connect to multiple devices at the same time, which the headphones aren't, I believe that's the issue. What I would do, initialize the headphones : https://helpguide.sony.net/mdr/wf1000xm3/v1/en/contents/TP0002289926.html. then pair it with the phone only and test it. Also, make sure that you are not naming both the devices the same.

Hi,

I have almost the exact same problem (iPhone 11 pro max with Apple Watch series 3). They’re great when my watch isn’t connected but as soon as I use them with my watch also connected they jitter or completely cut out about every 30 seconds. Did you ever find a fix?