Join now - be part of our community!

Sony WF-1000XM4 sound issue

profile.country.GB.title
Dan.martin
New

Sony WF-1000XM4 sound issue

In June I purchased the WF-1000XM4s as I was in the market for some wireless headphones and these came up as the best, over the past few weeks I've noticed a few problems, and I know I'm not alone in my findings. The problems for me are to do with the noise cancellation and ambient sound features, after a few hours of continuous use in noise cancellation or ambient sound mode, a hissing begins in the left earbud, this sound continually loudens until it becomes so distracting I'd rather use my £2 pair of wired earbuds. Even after resetting the earbuds -both individually and completely- the issue persists and when not connected to the phone or laptop, I also notice the same droning hissing sound in both earbuds immediately upon joining a phone call which makes me think it might be some hardware fault. Another issue I have is intermittent Bluetooth connection; often when listening on LDAC, the Bluetooth signal breaks up beyond comprehension although I'm certain this is just a limitation of the codec in a place such as my flat where a lot of interference occurs. Would love to know if I'm alone in the first issue and would like Sony to find out about this, really hoping a software update can fix these buds as they sound amazing!

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.NL.title
Janssens72
New

Same issue with my buds.

Just returned them.

I do intend to replace them as the sound overall is the best I've heard 

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi Dan.martin, I believe that the first issue is a software issue, which Sony acknowledged and working on an update.

On the other hand, does the Bluetooth issue seem to happen only when you're using Amazon Music app? Are you using iphone?