Join now - be part of our community!

Sony WF1000XM5 ambient sound on/off

profile.country.GB.title
kazse1
New

Sony WF1000XM5 ambient sound on/off

Recently bought WF1000XM5 buds, and when ambient sound and ANC is off, the sound quality noticeably changes. Less bass and weak highs, radio like quality with the mid-highs kinda being compressed hard. Changing back to ANC or ambient, all back to normal.

Had the WF1000XM4 before, but never experienced this issue. As support suggested, updated to latest version, the reset of the buds and headphones app done, also tried on another phone, same results.

Anyone experiencing the same, found any solution? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Piscie
Community Team

Hey @kazse1 Have you enabled the Priority on Sound Quality setting from the Headphones Connect app? and have you tested them with a different device? Is this a consistent issue with all devices?

profile.country.GB.title
kazse1
New

Hi @Piscie , i did try with both settings (prioritise sound or prioritise  stable connection) but getting the same result. I also tried with another phone and my PC, no luck 😞 

Piscie
Community Team

Hey @kazse1, have you tried initializing the headphones as well? If so, I'd recommend sending them directly to Sony's engineers for inspection, as it could be a hardware related issue.