Join now - be part of our community!

Sony wh-1000mx3 Alexa support and Spotify

profile.country.GB.title
Pharmacymandan
New

Sony wh-1000mx3 Alexa support and Spotify

Just done the new 4.1.1 update with the new Alexa support.

However if I try and play some music via a voice command it says Spotify is not supported on this device? 

Dont use amazon music and want to control Spotify.

found the google assistant pretty useless at controlling Spotify also as it would offer open Spotify but not play anything.

any advice anyone as this is really dissapointing and would be awesome if it worked.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
GapsOfTheGod

I'm also disappointed by this. It appears to be a poor implementation of Alexa.

When I ask Alexa to play music not specific to Spotify (i.e. Alexa, play music by Metallica), I get the response "Shuffling tracks by Metallica on Amazon Music"  yet nothing actually plays.

This, in addition to the reduction in noise cancellation potency (reduction of around 40% I estimate) , the latest firmware is a deal breaking failure.

profile.country.GB.title
brownie17
New

Yes, and I have the same bug. The latest firmware is better not to download. But nothing can be done.
Let's hope that soon the company will fix it. Because we ordered the promotion of Spotify in spotistar promotion company.
I want my daughter become a little star, we are recording covers of disney songs. And with this new firmware, it became inconvenient to use the app on our phone.

profile.country.GB.title
Pharmacymandan
New

I found that turning off the Alexa function and just using Siri to control Spotify works perfectly now.
Make sure under your Siri settings it’s set to use Siri on lock then all you have to do is hold your finger on the right ear cup and Siri activates! Then you can say play whatsoever via Spotify and it works