Join now - be part of our community!

Sony wh-1000xm2 won't turn on after being in the rain

profile.country.GB.title
Dano253
Explorer

Sony wh-1000xm2 won't turn on after being in the rain

Hi my name is Daniel,

I have had my Sony wh-1000xm2 headphones for a while now and I love them so I was very sad to find them stop working after being in the rain.

I was caught in pretty bad rain for a bit and didn't think (for some reason) about my headphones, when I got in I turned them off then when I went back to turn them on they turned on and pretty much immediately tried to repair with my phone then turned them self off, with the voice in the headphones saying "Power off" like normal.

After that I keep on trying hoping they will turn out, dry out from the rain and turn on but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I wonder if the power button got stuck somehow because they re-paired first before turning off idk.

They still are charging (indicated by the orange light) so I assume there is still some life left in them just don't really know how to kick start them back to use again.

This gives me the opportunity to upgrade now, hopefully pick up the wh-1000mx3/4 cheap on black friday, but still would love and see if I can get these working.

Sorry for the long post, any help is appreciated!

Thank you,

Daniel

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi Daniel,

If water had gotten into the buttons (e.g. power button) then they can cause some contact resistance. In this case the operation will not be possible any more. Please try to dry the headphones alittle more with the buttons facing up and see if it helps.

Cheers

Peter