Join now - be part of our community!

SRS-XB40 problem

jacob65
New

SRS-XB40 problem

Spoiler

Hi

I have an SRS-XB40.  When I play it it’s alright for a while then the music just constantly jumps.

has anyone got any idea why this happens ?

regards

Jacob65

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

HI jacob65,

Thank you for your message and welcome to the community. We are looking into this and someone will get back to you shortly.

Thanks, 

Pascale_F

profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi @jacob65 - it sounds like something is causing interference.  Have you been through any of the troubleshooting steps outlined here?

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers,

C

profile.country.GB.title
AntonMelin
New

profile.country.GB.title
AntonMelin
New

I am using Apple iPhone 7Plus, but have tried my old iPhone 6Plus with older IOS system and iTunes as well as iPad, Mac Pro from Mid 2010 using iTunes and have tried a streaming radio app on all devices too.

It works fine for about 20 minutes minimum up to about 50 mins then starts skipping and in some cases eventually stops the stream.

I have tried it with the phone right next to tyhe device and the device no more than 2m from the other devices.

I spend weeks with Apple high level support and failed to solve this. 

I haver reset the device, removed all previous bluetooth links to the device and paired it from scratch, even wiped my iPhone to factory settings and started again.

Also deleted the Sony app incase that weas a problem.

Still happens - today with a brand new MacBook Pro using iTunes.

Totally fed up. Gping to take it back to the retailer tomorrow.

profile.country.GB.title
niovino
New

Had the same problem. Thought it was an issue with just my particular XB40, so I exchanged it for a new one. Unfortunately, not the case: the new XB40 has the same problem. The in-and-out / music jumping / connection issue / whatever you want to call it is persistant and happens at some point (either immediately after connecting or after ~20 minutes-ish) every time I connect via bluetooth. Tried on multiple apple devices, disabled bluetooth on all devices other than the speaker and device streaming to it, but it's still an issue.

The only way to get around the issue is to disconnect the bluetooth and then reconnect, which is a huge pain, then it usually resolves itself for a period of time before relapsing. Really disappointing, especially considering what a great speaker this should be.

Pretty much leaves me with only one option, and that is to return it, unless I can get this figured out / resolved in the next week or so.