Join now - be part of our community!

Suggestion: NW-105 a way to select multiple files/lists to add to favo's/bookmarks or to delete

profile.country.BE.title
N.D.M-9100

Suggestion: NW-105 a way to select multiple files/lists to add to favo's/bookmarks or to delete

Hi there,

I was wondering if i could make a suggestion for an update in the firmware of the Sony walkmans mp3 players...
I have a NW-105 (but from what i can see, there are lots of similarities in firmware through the whole branch of Sony mp3-players)

Suggestion: 

The way to select multiple files.

On other devices by other brands you can select more than 1 song/artist/album/file/playlist/bookmark... to do certain actions with. (My personal favourite to draw inspiration from:  the Double Twist android app; very cool, stable and good example with this feature)

Fiio, shanling and tons of other dac devices have their ways to do this too...

• a) Mostly the gesture "holding while pressing down"
    on a certain song/artist/album/file/playlist/bookmark 
    makes the
    "selection dots" or "check boxes" appear
    AND on top: "option-icons" ("select all", "delete selected", "add selected to") appear...

• b) (This way we can now select multiple songs/artists/albums/playlists/files/bookmarks...

• c) After we made the selection we click the wanted "option-icons".
    when we chose for "add selected to" we will get the following options-containing menu:
    - play
    - play next
    - add to play cue
    - add to playlist (if this option is chosen we go to the playlist-screen that shows us the already made playlists to chose from where we want these files to be added to, also on top we have "create new playlist with these files")
    AND/OR (depending on the possibility that the device can actually create .m3u files or not.. if not.. only "add to bookmarks" is possible of course)
    - add to bookmark (if this option is chosen we go to the bookmark-screen that shows us the already made bookmarks to chose from where we want these files to be added to, also on top we have "create new bookmark with these files")

• (in this example i used "artist" but it should be applied to songs, playlists, bookmarks, albums too of course.)

suggestion.png

• This way we can increase the workflow on the device.
    I love my NW-105 to bits!! 
    But at the moment it's a real hassle to make play cue's on the spot... item per item per item...
    At the moment it's just sooo time consuming...

CONCLUSION: a general firmware suggestion: ability to select Multiple items => add to => done

Please, if there is a special section for firmware suggestion like this... please let me know and i will add this suggestion and delete this topic here asap.

Kind Regards N.

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

Please connect your Walkman to a PC and use the Windows Explorer to select multiple files by holding down Shift or CTRL keys.

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.BE.title
N.D.M-9100

Thx for your reply...

But that's not what 'm after. It's realy something for the OS on the device itself, for the user at the moment, on the spot...

When outside... or at the teras sipping a pint, or at the gym, ... (you don't have a pc :grin: there, i mostly not lol)
It's pure a workflow ergonomic suggestion for when you want to create yourself a selection of music ON THE SPOT

Later on i always run the .m3u files through PL-creator on my pc, to manage my selection further & deeper...

I am well aware of that workflow :wink:

Again; it's just for when you're outside and have an urge to select some artists & or certain albums depending on the mood you're in AT THAT MOMENT ^^

you catch my drift Peter_S?

profile.country.BE.title
N.D.M-9100

I added a picture to illustrate what i mean :wink: 

profile.country.BE.title
N.D.M-9100

It sucks this isn't getting the credit it should get here...
Sony, you should make a separate section on this forum for improvement-suggestions only.
This forum mostly apparently is being used for bugs notification...

Which is ok off course! But it just could be better if there is separate suggestion-section...

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi guys, you might consider contacting Sony directly as this platform is for users to exchange experiences.

profile.country.BE.title
N.D.M-9100

Tried that, 

Got an answer that it'll maybe be sent & suggested to development-team...

Further no info on this (that's the "meh"-side of it 😅

It would've been great if there was a suggestion section where users can brainstorm on future function-enhancements of their devices.

Many software-companies have this, they get their "todo-list" from these boards to improve their products.

as my suggestion is pure software-OS based... Sony really should consider doing this as well.

regards N.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey N.D.M-9100, you did the right thing there. This is the formal channel for suggestions/improvements to be sure it's directed to the engineers.  However, software developments is a process which takes time.

profile.country.BE.title
N.D.M-9100

"Takes time"

well... 

Not even ANY feedback on the note at all...

Not even ANY OS updates...

Come on Sony get up with the program please!!

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi N.D.M-9100, there are no Sony reps here :grin: You already delivered the feedback, hopefully it's soon be taken into consideration. Good luck. ^^