Join now - be part of our community!

True wireless WF-1000XM3 - bad call quality

profile.country.SE.title
lingerts
Explorer

True wireless WF-1000XM3 - bad call quality

I really like my new earbuds, specially regarding sound quality...

But when It comes to call quality its terrible. Ivé tried reset both phone (Huawei P30 Pro) and earbuds, I've tried both with and without NC. I've also tried prioritize connection vs audio in the app.

This is my second pair with the same issue, I even updated the firmware that came this morning. 

I tried the buds with my wifes iPhone, but the call quality was still bad.

I really really want these to work, any ideas?

36 REPLIES 36
profile.country.SE.title
BigSwede72

The "loud room" talk is just BS. I can't even have a working conversation in a quiet room. They are just plain awful.
I'm going to check out the Jaybird Tarah Pro. They are not true wireless but if their mic is better I think I'll go with them.

profile.country.GB.title
Josef997
Explorer

Hello

Even with last update 1.3.7 still have the same issue I don't know one of the main purpose of using earbuds to make a phone call and my sound like robotic  is there any hope it will he fixed next update or I should return them ?

profile.country.GB.title
epidemais
Explorer

If your wish is to use these headphones and make proper truly wireless
phone calls - then return them ASAP.

I've kept mine because of the awesome NC sound and music - but as a headset
they're absolutely pathetic. even a $5 wired headset is better than them.

And given that their pricetag is so high, Sony look like a bunch absolute
amateurs who have not even tested the most basic of functionality to their
overpriced headsets.

Pure amateurs.
profile.country.GB.title
Josef997
Explorer

That very true and I prefer to keep  them as you mentions there is an advantage for this  ear buds  its the sound quality the only main bad points if you want to make a phone call I see when I was testing it its very powerful catching all the sound which is not necessary to bring it to your microphone , I think its just need adjustment  by software as they should fix this issue as much as they can, not sure why the ignore this important part.  

profile.country.GB.title
Daggerfall
Explorer

Hi there,

the only problem is the quality even with the last firmware. People on the other side say they hear the bus passing but not me. 

I don’t understand how this is possible in this price range. 

I tested in iOS, Android everything...

Please, Please, please fix the call quality...

it’s a shame Sony. Really

profile.country.GB.title
epidemais
Explorer

I bought these because I refused to get the stupid looking Airpods..     I get so ***** as everyone with Airpods seem to have conversations anywhere, and doing anything..

Every time I've chosen Sony as a product I'm left with a sour taste 😐  I really do want to like Sony products.. 

They either need better engineers or better QA folks

profile.country.GB.title
Josef997
Explorer

I sent mine to the service to check it they told me they will replace them and they will upgrade it to fix the robotic sound and mic issues in the next update as its mentioned in the email they sent, but there is no time dated for the update  not sure when.

I will get mine today from sony and I will re-test it again.

profile.country.GB.title
Daggerfall
Explorer

Hi there. Any news? Did you try them??

profile.country.GB.title
Josef997
Explorer

Yes the problem is same even with the replacement I got a refund and I bought  Sennheiser till they update the software and fix this problem I want simple thing just to make a clear phone call 

profile.country.GB.title
Daggerfall
Explorer

Did Sony, the agent, the store, who refunded you??

Sony told to leave it in a service repair, but from what i'm getting is going to happen.

And i' will be stuck with premium earbuds that i cannot use.