Join now - be part of our community!

Using Walkman F886 with DAC (Sony pha-1a)

profile.country.DE.title
jonoave
Explorer

Using Walkman F886 with DAC (Sony pha-1a)

I just got a new portable DAC, Sony pha-1a that is supposed to work with both my Walkman f886 and Xperia Z3 (reference here: https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/support-info.pl?info_id=1569)

With my xperia Z3, there was no problem and I could hear the sound from using the headphone jack of the pha-1a.

However, I cannot get it to work with my Walkman f886. I connect it based on the instructions, and there is no sound coming out from the headphone jack of the pha-1a. The instructions on the website above says that I should upgrade to Android 4.4, but the latest firmware for F886 is only Android 4.1. Is this a cause of the problem?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi @jonoave,

I'm just looking into this for you.  Can you please confirm which file extensions you are trying to play and if you are attempting to listen to the same files on both the Xperia Z3 nad your Walkman?

Thanks,

C

profile.country.DE.title
jonoave
Explorer

Hi @cass_n,

Thank you for your reply. Apparently it's a false alarm, after restarting the Walkman and reconnecting, now the Walkman can detect the external DAC and everything is working fine. :slight_smile:

Have a nice weekend!

profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Glad to hear it!