Join now - be part of our community!

walkman NW-A1000

SOLVED
Spursy
New

walkman NW-A1000

i have an old NW-A1000 ,  i have lost me cd with the install software on it ,,,,

so i tried using windows media player to transfer files on to it ,,,, files show up when plug into my lap top ,, however when i unplau mp3 player for lap top the mp3 player keeps saying no data base found connect compliant sofware ,,,, i have none can anyone recomend one that will help me please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Yeah - those models were great. I had a 3000 and the sound was superb.

I did use other software to put music files on it but can't remember what 😞

I will try and find out for sure what I used and get back to you. :slight_smile:

Update Edit on 17/10/13 : I have Winamp installed on the old system (XP) I used with the 3000. It may be worth you downloading  to see if that will work for you. (Opt out of any extra "value-added" features you don't want/need during installation.)

Also I always create recovery points before installing any software. :slight_smile:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi Spursy and welcome to the Sony Community.

If you try to use Windows Media Player or Explorer, music files will still be transferred, but will simply be treated as data and won't actually show up on the device.

Your walkman was originally shipped with Connect which I think is now defunct. With your model you could then update / migrate to using SonicStage but ... Sony have stopped supplying SonicStage too. :cry:

What operating system are you using?

(SonicStage isn't compatible with Windows 7 or 8 anyway.)

It is possible to find SonicStage downloads here and there online but I couldn't guarantee their validity / safety.

I also think you still need Connect installed first to be able to use the downloads Here from Sony.

Spursy
New

hello ,, tried windows media ,, just does like you said , connect disc and software lost ,,,,, i had loads of songs on player just for jogging and at the gym ,, but reformated player and am now stuck ,,, connect has long gone ,,,, still looking to resolve the issues so i can use player because it a good player :wink:

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Yeah - those models were great. I had a 3000 and the sound was superb.

I did use other software to put music files on it but can't remember what 😞

I will try and find out for sure what I used and get back to you. :slight_smile:

Update Edit on 17/10/13 : I have Winamp installed on the old system (XP) I used with the 3000. It may be worth you downloading  to see if that will work for you. (Opt out of any extra "value-added" features you don't want/need during installation.)

Also I always create recovery points before installing any software. :slight_smile: