Join now - be part of our community!

Walkman NW-A40 improving bass

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
WalkOnVader
Explorer

Walkman NW-A40 improving bass

Just curious -

I can connect the NW-A40 to the audio unit in my car by USB and alter bass etc. through car stereo that but I'd like to know 2 things:

1. How can I best improve the bass output from the Walkman? To me it doesn't seem that bass can be improved much?

2. Will the Walkman settings be over-ridden by the car stereo - my feeling is probably no because if I play music using my iPhone and USB connection I notice differences in quality depending on what I set the playback equaliser to on the iPhone.

I'm playing 320 kbps MP3 files and I know this is lossy, but playing the same files on the iPhone through the car stereo they sound punchier (more bass).

Any help with Walkman settings for improved bass output appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
WalkOnVader
Explorer

It's ok - sussed this out.

Could someone close the thread please.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
WalkOnVader
Explorer

The other thing which would be useful and something I'm not very familiar with are equaliser settings on the Walkman.

The range goes 60Hz, 400Hz, 1kHz, 2.5KHz, 6.3kHz and 16kHz, in that order. Each can be adjusted +/- 10.

So, to make sound more bass, what are likely to be the best settings and should any other sound options be on/off. One of the things I don't seem to be able to do is adjust the equaliser while listening to music.

Thanks again for any advice.

profile.country.GB.title
WalkOnVader
Explorer

It's ok - sussed this out.

Could someone close the thread please.