Join now - be part of our community!

Walkman NWZ-A15

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Colchemy
Explorer

Walkman NWZ-A15

Does this player have a Line Out setting, so I can plug it into an amplifier? I can't find this in Settings. I may have mistakenly bought this player thinking it was like previous models that did have line out.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

There is no line-out via the headphone jack on this model Walkman.  However have a look into this connecting cable "WMC-NWH10" and see if it will do?

Also, have a look at this thread:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/portable-audio/nwz-a15-best-way-to-connect-to-srs-x9-speaker/td-p/21...

Cheers

View solution in original post

profile.country.GB.title
Sonyvores
Contributor

Sadly it's discontinued by Sony.

but you can google "Wm-port line out" to find options currently available 😃

profile.country.RO.title
NPLorand
Explorer

128 GB SD-card is ok with this player, I'm using one of those without any problems. But fortunately I don't use Media Go, I just copy the music manually to the Walkman.

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

There is no line-out via the headphone jack on this model Walkman.  However have a look into this connecting cable "WMC-NWH10" and see if it will do?

Also, have a look at this thread:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/portable-audio/nwz-a15-best-way-to-connect-to-srs-x9-speaker/td-p/21...

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Colchemy
Explorer

No this cable will not do. My amplifier has no USB function, just phono inputs. I have a 3.5 mm jack plug to two phono plugs cable, which I could use. But having tried this before with a headphone output, I have found that the power is insufficient. The sound is weak and quiet. I am going to need a pre-amplifier, but I have no idea what type.

profile.country.GB.title
Sonyvores
Contributor

Line out output is located in the WM-port, you will need this cable to use it:

DSC_2637.JPG

However, its' a portable device, you can't expect similar level output as a deck system

profile.country.GB.title
Colchemy
Explorer

Thanks. Have you got a part number for this?

profile.country.GB.title
Sonyvores
Contributor

Sadly it's discontinued by Sony.

but you can google "Wm-port line out" to find options currently available 😃

profile.country.GB.title
Colchemy
Explorer

Thanks for that, I bought one and it is now working.

But I have another BIG problem. I put a 128 gb SDXC card in the player (NWZ-A15) but when I connect it to Media Go, it does not show the player is connected. But if I change to Internal Storage, or put a 32gb card in, Media Go does recognise the player. Does this mean I cannot use 128gb cards in this player, if so a disaster. I cannot fit all my music on the player in FLAC format.

profile.country.RO.title
NPLorand
Explorer

128 GB SD-card is ok with this player, I'm using one of those without any problems. But fortunately I don't use Media Go, I just copy the music manually to the Walkman.

profile.country.GB.title
Colchemy
Explorer

Many thanks. Yes, the player accepts the card. What I did not know, was that Windows XP cannot recognise cards in excess of 32 gb. I thought my cards were faulty, and even sent one back. Now I know that due to Microsoft's intransigence, they had a solution and hid it. I found it after a day of struggling, installed it, and now the whole problem has been solved and I am loading music omto my 128 gb card!

The software companies cannot understand a simple fact, that a lot of older equipment needs old software, and old software will not run under the newer 64 bit operating system. I would need a new computer, new scanner (£1000 worth), new camera, new graphics tablet, new image processing software, new music processing software, and heaven knows what else. Who is paying ??