Join now - be part of our community!

Walkman NWZ-E443 won't start

profile.country.en_GB.title
Visitor

Walkman NWZ-E443 won't start

My Walkman has operated fine over a number of years. Now it's decided life is just too tough.

On starting, the flashing icon in the lower right hand corner of the screen cycles seven or eight times and then freezes, after which the screen goes blank. Pressing any button causes the same procedure to repeat.

When the unit is attached by USB to my PC, the Walkman shows connection, but the PC (Windows 7) can't load the driver and doesn't show the device in Explorer.

I have pressed the reset button but it makes no difference.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Is there a solution?

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Message was edited by: 6892740704003288

Message was edited by: 6892740704003288

1 REPLY 1

I have the simular problem..i collect walkmans,and in a joblot i got 10x E443's and a 445,all have a problem..some switch on to the "Walkman" "Every Moment Has Its Music" then i get the 4 flshing squares on bottom right of the screen,then thats all,it stays on that screen for about 15 seconds then just shuts down,its like its attempting to load the home screen but fails..i have tried to update the firmware but it just wont,also on some of them when i connect,my pc recognises and installs them,but not as a Walkman,but as a "Removable Disk" but when i go into "My Computer" i right click on it and go to "properties" it shows up 0Mb,like it has no memory..very strange,i have searched the internet to death and theres just no Fix for this,sad and annoying !!