Join now - be part of our community!

WALKMAN NWZB183 DOES NOT START

piki1982
New

WALKMAN NWZB183 DOES NOT START

Dear,

i just bought new nwz b183 and i can not turn it on. I plug it into laptop (win10-64), start charging, after aprox 20seconds display turn off and than nothing. I tried also on the other computers, same process.

It is also a problem with connecting - not everytime computer recognize it, does not show it into library in the explorer. But anyhow, i manage to upload the music on it once. Than device shows on the screen "upadating library" and thats it. Nothing happened.

I tried several times with reset button, also when plugged into laptop, nothing. 

It simply does not start. I think, that its even not charged.

Pelase help

thank you

best regards

peter

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi @piki1982 and welcome to the community,

I checked the Help Guide for you, which states:

• When you charge your Walkman when it has not been used for a long period of time or when you use it for the first time, your computer may not recognize it, or nothing may appear on the screen. The Walkman should start operating normally again after charging for about 10 minutes.
  • You cannot operate your Walkman when it is connected to a computer.
  • You cannot operate your Walkman while charging the battery.

So this seems to explain what you're experiencing.  I recommend fully charging the battery first and then trying again - or at least charging for 10 minutes as stated above.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

C