Join now - be part of our community!

Walkman screen - horizontal lines

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
jejeffrey
Explorer

Walkman screen - horizontal lines

My NWZ-S765 has developed a series of thin, horizontal lines across the face of the screen.  Is this a known fault?  What causes it, and is it likely to get worse?  Can I get rid of it?

This would interfere badly with viewing videos or photos, but doesn't matter so much for me as I usually use the Walkman for audio only.  However, if the screen fails altogether then I won't be able to use the player at all, hence my interest in knowing if things are likely to get worse.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi jejeffrey

Have you made any updates lately?

Have you tried resetting the Walkman?

If so and there are still lines there then its probably best if you get in touch with Sony Support.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi jejeffrey

Have you made any updates lately?

Have you tried resetting the Walkman?

If so and there are still lines there then its probably best if you get in touch with Sony Support.

profile.country.GB.title
jejeffrey
Explorer

Yes, I did try a reset, but the problem has been overtaken by events.  As I feared, things have got worse - my PC no longer 'sees' the Walkman so I can't transfer tracks to and fro, or udpate firmware.  (I have tried a different lead and a different PC, so the problem is obviously in the Walkman itself).

That makes the Walkman pretty well useless.  Time to quit!

profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi jejeffrey,

How frustrating for you. If you contact Sony Support, they'll be able to assist you further.

Best wishes,

Pascale_F