Join now - be part of our community!

WF-1000XM3 EQ changes with ANC

Arctiheat
New

WF-1000XM3 EQ changes with ANC

Hi all,

I have this very perculiar issue with my WF-1000XM3s and was wondering whether this is my specific pair (I dont really see why it should be), or whether this is a common thing. Since my earbuds came back from the sony repair service (via Currys PC World the original retailer) when activating ANC it changes the balance of the sound by introducing this overpowering bass into anything I am attempting to listen to. This is not an issue I have when active noise cancelling is disabled. I have not used the sound pass through feature because I have no usage for it.

I have attempted to rectify the issue by:

1. Restarting the Earbuds.

2. Re-installing the Sony Headphones app.

3. Factory resetting the Earbuds.

My last port of call was to get some support from the forums, as I have run out of things that I can think of that could be causing this. If this is my particular pair I will be a bit miffed and will have to send them back for repair for a second time, this is especially annoying as my Sony Xperia 1 is also now broken also not of my accord.

Thanks for any replies

(Note: The repair that was completed was to the charging case, the port or battery stopped working and this was repaired.)

(Note 2: To be clear I have no issue with the strength of the noise cancelling just the change in sound balance that it causes.)

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @Arctiheat and welcome to the Community.

It sounds like you've already tried everything you can

to try and stop this occurring, so it does sound like something

has happened during the repair process.

(Especially as this did not occur pre-repair)

The best thing to do is get back in touch with Curry's as they organised the repair.

Failing that give Sony Support a call. Their details are Here 

Keep us posted :slight_smile: