Join now - be part of our community!

WF-1000XM3 intermittent playback bitrate

profile.country.GB.title
ryan7727

WF-1000XM3 intermittent playback bitrate

Hi everyone, I'm finding my WF-1000XM3s tend to drop into a lower bitrate every so often, then recover after about 5 seconds. Has anyone else experienced this? (By lower bitrate I mean the type of poor sound quality you sometimes get on low quality youtube videos for example).

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi there,

Changing the sound quality mode may help with this. You can read more about this here. There's also more advice to help with low sound quality here.

We hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Ed

profile.country.GB.title
roetube
New

I'm facing this exact same problem and tested on both an iPhone and Samsung Android phone with the same problem. Settings have been set at Priority on stable connection. And this happens not even in a crowded environment. Just anytime at all. 

profile.country.GB.title
ryan7727

I've tried all combinations of Priority on Sound Quality / Priority on Stable Connection / DSEE HK but getting it regardless. Emailed Sony and they replied with a load of questions so need to get back to them. The more of us raise this the better chance they'll hopefully come up with a fix!

profile.country.GB.title
roetube
New

Curious what kind of questions were they trying to find out? Like usage? 

profile.country.GB.title
ryan7727

Yes mainly under what circumstances it happens (basically all!)

profile.country.GB.title
ryan7727

Update on this topic: after a few more weeks' use of the earphones, i have discovered that the issue only occurs with my iPhone XS and not my MacBook Pro with Spotify; and with Apple Music on my iPhone it occurs to a slightly lesser extent than it would with Spotify. Which leads me to believe that it is either something to do with MacBook Pro having a more robust Bluetooth interface - or - something to do with the quality of the actual music being streamed too high for the earphones to support (i always set my Spotify to High for streaming, Very High for downloads). Either way, a bit disappointing tbh for a product of this price.