Join now - be part of our community!

WF-1000XM4 Battery Drain

profile.country.GB.title
SpankerCC
Explorer

WF-1000XM4 Battery Drain

I've had these earphones for a few weeks now and they're great, the one issue I'm having is that the battery drains overnight.

I often use them to watch netflix on my tablet in bed, they start with 100% and usually have 80-90% left when I'm done. 

When finished, I turn off the bluetooth on my tablet and switch it off. I take the earphones out and leave them on the side, they are set to switch off when taken out of the ear.

When I wake up, they are always down to 1 or 2%, what am I doing wrong?

I don't put them back in the charging box as quite frankly, I shouldn't have to as they're set to switch off when taken out of the ear.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.PT.title
MSGomes
Explorer

Hi! My set has the same problem. Did you solved this?

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey MSGomes , have you tried all the steps on the thread?

profile.country.PT.title
MSGomes
Explorer

Hi! Yes, I did. Also factory reset.

What I found was, after pairing with the phone, the infrared emitter and receiver (proximity sensor) are always on, which drains a bit of battery. It gets worse if I leave the phones with the IR pointing to something, like the table. Then, sometimes they wake up and connect to a device previously paired with.

So, for now, if I don't plan to use them for a while, I just factory reset them and place them in the case with that electric isolator paper. Othwerwise, I leave them outside the case, with the IR facing up. 

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey MSGomes, thank you for updating the thread.