Join now - be part of our community!

WF-1000XM4 Replacement Ear Tips - URGENT Sony Product Management Attention Required!

profile.country.GB.title
ryan7727

WF-1000XM4 Replacement Ear Tips - URGENT Sony Product Management Attention Required!

Hello, I have a very disappointing story to tell regarding my recent interactions with Sony Support about obtaining replacement ear tips for the excellent WF-1000XM4 earphones. The official Sony replacement tips (EP-NI1000S/EP-NI1000M/EP-NI1000L) are seemingly impossible to source in the UK, not available on the Sony website or through Amazon. Sony Support recommended that I purchase them from a company called EET Europarts Ltd, and they are indeed available on their website (https://www.eetgroup.com/en-eu/502591802-sony-ear-pieces-noise-isolation-wid-w126575685) - however this company is a distributor which does not sell to end consumers. Sony Support suggested that I ask EET for a retailer who could provide them (?!?).

What makes this even more disappointing is that in my version of the instruction manual provided with the XM4s (purchased in Japan), Sony even state that the eartips are 'consumable products' designed to be replaced when necessary, and which I find to be frequently needed. If this is the case Sony, then why are they impossible to source? I have always considered the XM4 to be a 5* set of earphones but if this continues it is a serious drawback to the many of us who know and love this product.

Could you therefore please provide an adequate management response to this issue? Thank you!

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @ryan7727 :slight_smile: 

Nobody from Sony works or responds here so you won't receive an answer from them

on this forum.

Just out of interest did you ask EET for retailer details?

profile.country.GB.title
ryan7727

Hi @jumpsuit yeah I did but no reply 😭

profile.country.GB.title
JakeR12
New

Thanks for the part number!

ive just found a website with some for sale in the UK 

https://www.morecoco.co.uk/a?pid=502591802-XGX%3E%3ESony

profile.country.GB.title
Phil2022
New

I just ordered these tips,, you get a years worth plus a free pack if you send feedback and if there the wrong size, they will change them for free....They are softer and easier to fit in your ears and they improve the sound and are much more comfortable, plus there ridiculously cheap.. Ah yeah awesome customer support aswel

Sonicfoam tips

Here is a pic of the "sony med tip" vs "Sonicfoam med tip"

DSCF8265.JPG

profile.country.GB.title
InstantCoffee
Explorer

• I just ordered from morecoco will let you know how it goes Costed £25 . 16/6/23 10pm 
profile.country.GB.title
InstantCoffee
Explorer

My review for morecoco the item it self is genuine it arrived within one business day. The main issue is they sell in terms of one ear bud tips. I Received one ear bud tip for £22 meaning i need to pay another £22. 😟

20/6/23 16:00

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @InstantCoffee 

Thanks for the info 👍

I checked the listing and it does say: 'Sony 502591802 Headphone/Headset Accessory Ear Pad',

meaning its just one.

Its a good lesson for us all though to carefully read product listings.

Sorry it's going to cost you more to get the other one 😞

profile.country.GB.title
johmclag
New

Have you managed to find any other sources for these tips?  The tips on my XM4's look like they need replacements but I'm hitting the same brick wall that no-one seems to have them which I find baffling given these are disposable parts you're meant to replace.

profile.country.GB.title
ryan7727

Very tricky to find.. the latest I’ve seen from Sony is that the EP-NI-1000 have now been replaced by the EP-NI-1010 seemingly with the launch of the WF-1000XM5. They’re available in Japan for about £10 a pair. Design is slightly different but from the looks of it should fit the XM4 too.

https://www.sony.jp/headphone/products/EP-NI1010/