Join now - be part of our community!

WF-C500 Bass Response

Chrisho
New

WF-C500 Bass Response

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased the WF-C500 wireless earbuds. Great earbuds for the price!

I listen to a lot of bass heavy music and the bass response is very poor. I have tried fitting all of the tips and push them as deeply into my ear canal as possible. I have used the app so the buds match my ear shape. I have also set the eq to bass. I find though if I push slightly on the earbuds the bass response and overall sound quality increases significantly. 

Any suggestions?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @Chrisho and welcome to the UK Community :slight_smile:

Although I haven't tried those earbuds, it may simply be that is just how they sound for that price.

I think you've tried everything you can regarding the equaliser settings.

If you push any earbuds while they are in then the sound and bass quality seems to improve.

(Same thing works for headphones if you press them while they are on your ears.)

The sound quality you get from them will be different compared to the Linkbuds S or the new WF-1000XM5 that are much more expensive. With electronics companies Its a case of you get what you pay for.

I'd be interested to see if any other members have the C500 so they can confirm whether they 

are experiencing the same as you regarding the bass.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey Chrisho, maybe you need to change the ear tips, yours come with 3 sizes https://helpguide.sony.net/mdr/wfc500/v1/en/contents/TP1000447701.html 

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @HannahEd01 

Chrisho has already stated:

"I have tried fitting all of the tips and push them as deeply into my ear canal as possible." 😉