Join now - be part of our community!

WF-XB700 when will they be added to Sony Headphone App

profile.country.IE.title
djeire84
Explorer

WF-XB700 when will they be added to Sony Headphone App

Hi there recently bought my WF-XB700 wireless earbuds and I am wondering when they will be added to the sony headphone app. I would like to be able to customise my headphones like my mother has with her Samsung Galaxy buds via the app. 

Thanks Guys 

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @djeire84,

since the headphones connect app is not mentioned anywhere in the support documents I suspect that the WF-XB700 will never be able to be controlled via the Headphone Connect app unlike other Sony premium headphones.

- Nic

profile.country.IE.title
djeire84
Explorer

Maybe in time they will be added. They are only out since April and the headphones app has a notification saying that there were a software update for WF-1000X

WF-SP700 and those were released a good while back. I would love to see them added as they are a mid range earbud with a premium sound. I just think Sony are waiting to see if they have a market for them to be added to the app. I suppose they don't want to be premature in adding them if they aren't popular. I hope they will be as they will need updates and to constantly update via USB it will be a hassle. @IamNic 

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

The XB700 are the entry model, no AptX, noise cancelling or other features, so no real need for the app, I guess.

profile.country.IE.title
djeire84
Explorer

@RottenFoxBreath They still need driver updates especially when the Bluetooth gets updates and bug fixes from feature and or security patches. 

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

@djeire84 wrote:

@RottenFoxBreath They still need driver updates especially when the Bluetooth gets updates and bug fixes from feature and or security patches. 

Nope, They won't need to use the app, so won't be added to the app, I guess.

Lots of other models out there that won't get added.

No features that require it, no noise cancellation.

profile.country.IE.title
djeire84
Explorer

I'm not going to lose hope. Sure Android 10 was looking like it wasn't coming to the Xperia 10 and now it's on it so I don't know. Hopefully it will.

@RottenFoxBreath 

profile.country.GB.title
dnicuk

Unfortunately the WF-XB700 headphones are not compatible with the Sony Headphone connect app. Here is the latest list of compatible headphones.

List of compatible devices

(As of April 2020)

Update the software of your headphones to the latest version.

https://www.sony.net/elesupport/

Status icons on Dashboard
  Power off DSEE HX DSEE Codec
MDR-XB950B1
MDR-XB950N1
WF-1000X

WF-1000XM3

WF-H800

WF-SP700N

WF-SP800N

WF-SP900

WH-1000XM2