Join now - be part of our community!

WH-1000XM3, annoying ambient sound chime.

NC_12345
New

WH-1000XM3, annoying ambient sound chime.

Hi!

I've had these WH-1000XM3's for some while now, and been waiting for Sony to fix the known nuisance of the chime bell interrupting music, when ambient sound mode changes. I must say, that it really takes me. In a middle of smooth jazz *BING*!

How come it's not possible to include a toggle to headphones app, where you could turn this sound off? I don't need to know by bell, that the mode changed. I can tell for sure myself, if I start walking or sit in a bus. Just change the mode without the chime, please! 300€ headphones...

This is discussed all over the net. Why there is no solution so far, please? Do not suggest to switch the ambient sound off. I need it to be on.

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @NC_12345,

just deactivate the so called "ambient sound control".

It is the function, which detects what you are doing right now (walking, sitting, riding a train) and will let trough certain sounds depending on the profile set up for each situation.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
John_5
New

Hello. I have a similar problem. @IamNic if i do that  i will imediately notice it in the music and I bought this Headphones to hear music. 

My problem is : I sited. I pair my headphones with my phone. I start hearing some music, and them <<RING>>. Every day. I guess is related to this change mode. But, I swear a god, after everty day wearing this is so annoying. 

I very disappointed with Sony.  

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @John_5,

do you need the adaptive sound control? If not turn it off and the "chime" or "bell" will ot sound.

- Bic

profile.country.GB.title
John_5
New

Yes, I need. I try that, @IamNic.  It worked. But the quality of audio release decrease. 

There is  not a lattest version of the software that handles this problem ? 

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @John_5,

this setting has no effect on sound quality. Are you sure you did not activate another setting in parallel?

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
Entrigo
Explorer

@John_5same thing. Had the XM2 for years and never a problem. Had these for one day and they are already driving me mad. Toggling off the Ambient Sound Control is useless, as soon as you move, it toggles itself on again and the chime/pause happens. Staing to drive me off the wall already... Have you found any way to fix this? I am seriously thiking returning these already.

profile.country.GB.title
Entrigo
Explorer

Hi @IamNic 

Any way to permanently disable this option? No point me disabling it if it turns itself on again (with that uber-annoying chime) every time I move or "change action".

Thanks,

E.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey Entrigo, the option cannot be disabled completely.

profile.country.GB.title
Entrigo
Explorer

Hi Hannah, it can actually! Just found the answer on Reddit. You need to go to "Status" on the headphone app, then toggle off "Adaptive Sound Control". Already tried moving around and "changing action" and it works.