Join now - be part of our community!

Wh-1000XM3 ear ache

Wh-1000XM3 ear ache

Hi, I’ve had my wh-1000xm3 headphones for a couple of months now and I love them. The problem is they give me terrible ear ache in my left ear, so much so that I want to return them to amazon but I’ve had them slightly too long and so amazon will not take them back. Will Sony do anything about this or am I stuck with a £300 ornament?

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.US.title
Ninyu4

You could swap the pads. Or trade them. But Sony won't take them back once used. 

profile.country.US.title
Ahanin
Explorer

Same here!! I just bought them yesterday and my left ear is all pain!!! Its been 2 hours that i'm trying to sleep but ear pain won't let me!!!

profile.country.GB.title
kb1515
New

I had the same problem.  I even returned a pair to get new ones.  I made sure to never "optimize" the new ones.  However, I accidentally did one day with the short cut button.  

Fix I found: I had to remove my glasses.  Then, run the "optimizer" while pressing each ear piece tightly to my head.  

This seemed to adjust the pressure so that it wasn't trying to suck the air out of my ears.  Good luck!

profile.country.US.title
Ninyu4

@kb1515, I think you should use the "optimizer" in a loud venue so as to
adjust the NC level.

Sincerely,
May

[Victims of audible harassment & torture]
ericdolan
New

Agree! Exactly same issue with me. Left ear, like I've been listening to very loud music even though I have not. Good if Sony can confirm no inaudible high pitched frequency noise emission. 

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi ericdolan, initialize the headphones and try not to optimise them and use them for a while to see if that makes a difference.